Author Topic: Germany’s Running Out Of Energy: Wind Turbine Construction Stalls, Firewood Becoming Scarce!  (Read 380 times)

rebewranger

Germany’s Running Out Of Energy: Wind Turbine Construction Stalls, Firewood Becoming Scarce!
By P Gosselin on 16. July 2022

Share this...
Wind energy installation stalls, firewood becomes scarce as Germany shuts down its coal and nuclear power, sees gas stockpiles dwindles away.

Firewood is getting scarce in Germany as heating prices skyrocket. Photo: P. Gosselin

As natural gas and oil for heating skyrockets, many Germans are now turning to firewood as a way to keep warm this coming winter. But now firewood is getting rare too, and prices are skyrocketing. The German online Merkur reports of “exploding demand”.

According to firewood dealer Konrad Kötterl. “Some people are panicking about not being able to get any more wood.” As a result, they’re stockpiling. Normally, he has three to four orders a day in the summer. “Right now, it’s 20 to 30.”

Personally, I called a local firewood dealer earlier in the week. They told me they have none left and that they could put me down on a waiting list.

https://notrickszone.com/2022/07/16/germanys-running-out-of-energy-wind-turbine-construction-stalls-firewood-becoming-scarce/

Offline Kamaji

Shutting down those nuclear power plants was the heighth of stupidity.

Online andy58-in-nh

Perhaps it's just me, but I start getting nervous when Germans are looking around for things to burn.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What are the chances Germany would attack the Ardennes Forest again?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

What are the chances Germany would attack the Ardennes Forest again?

But this time, they'd be going after the trees, not after invading France.