Author Topic: Trump accused of ‘dereliction of duty’ in dramatic Jan. 6 hearing  (Read 396 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump accused of ‘dereliction of duty’ in dramatic Jan. 6 hearing
by Rebecca Beitsch and Mike Lillis - 07/22/22 12:48 AM ET

The White House was paralyzed for three hours on Jan. 6 as former President Trump rebuffed frantic pleas from anxious aides to intervene to quell the violence at the U.S. Capitol, according to evidence presented Thursday night by the House committee investigating last year’s rampage.

Trump’s inaction over that 187-minute span — even in the face of desperate calls from top staff and close family — allowed the riot to escalate, investigators charged, threatening the lives of lawmakers and his own vice president, Mike Pence, who was at the Capitol on Jan. 6 to certify Joe Biden’s election victory.

That inactivity was no accident, in the panel’s telling, but just another part of Trump’s plan to weaponize the fury of his supporters — convinced by Trump himself that the election was “stolen” — in an effort to remain in power despite his election defeat.

“President Trump did not fail to act during the 187 minutes between leaving the Ellipse and telling the mob to go home,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.). “He chose not to act.”

Thursday’s prime-time hearing — the eighth in six weeks — was an autopsy of those tense 187 minutes, from the moment Trump finished his rally speech at the White House Ellipse, where he encouraged supporters to “fight like hell” and march to the Capitol, until he released a video urging the rioters to go home.

The account of those hours portrayed a president fixated on the riot, which he was following closely on Fox News from the head of the table in the White House dining room, a witness testified. He would remain there for more than two-and-a-half hours, beginning at 1:25 p.m., the committee said, calling Republican lawmakers, to urge them to fight the election results, and his campaign lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who was spearheading the “stop the steal” campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3570056-trump-accused-of-dereliction-of-duty-in-dramatic-jan-6-hearing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

So, first he's evil because he incited "The Insurrection(tm)" and now he's evil because he didn't do anything to stop "The Insurrection(tm)"?

You can't have it both ways, idiots.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
My dream hack?

Pipe in the Tucker Carlson show or OANN on that silly J6 Jumbotron during the hearings.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What's Nancy "we don't want no stinkin' NG" Pelosi been accused of?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 01:50:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I thought he incited the riot? Now it's 'dereliction of duty.' Wait, nope it's (insert narrative here).

Nope that not it, it's (insert narrative of the day here).

Convict and jail Trump (insert hasty narrative here)!
The Republic is lost.