Author Topic: Bodega worker Jose Alba too scared to leave home after murder charge is dropped  (Read 454 times)

Offline Kamaji

Bodega worker Jose Alba too scared to leave home after murder charge is dropped

By Valentina Jaramillo and Emily Crane
July 20, 2022

Jose Alba may be free of his murder case — but the wrongfully charged Manhattan bodega worker told The Post on Wednesday he’s still too traumatized to leave his home.

Speaking through a crack in his front door a day after his controversial murder case was dismissed, the 61-year-old said he was scared and confessed, “I don’t want to go out.”

Alba said that he and his family have seen chilling online posts maligning him over the fatal stabbing of Austin Simon, 35, a violent ex-con who had attacked him behind the counter of a Hamilton Heights bodega on July 1.

“This hasn’t been easy,” Alba told The Post, adding that he was unhappy and feeling “so-so” following the weeks-long saga to clear his name.

Still, the father-of-three said he felt “lighter” in the wake of his electronic ankle monitor being removed Tuesday — just hours after embattled Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg finally moved to drop the second-degree charge against him.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/20/bodega-worker-jose-alba-too-scared-to-leave-home-after-murder-charge-is-dropped/

Offline Kamaji

And, to rub salt into the wound, gofundme refused to run a fund for him.  I hope the family doesn't lose their apartment as a result.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And, to rub salt into the wound, gofundme refused to run a fund for him.  I hope the family doesn't lose their apartment as a result.

@Kamaji

Somebody in NY needs to start a fund going for him so he can afford to move somewhere else. Neither he nor his family is going to be safe until he does.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!