Author Topic: Man dies after falling onto Port Authority tracks, hitting third rail  (Read 185 times)

Offline Kamaji

Man dies after falling onto Port Authority tracks, hitting third rail

By Amanda Woods
July 21, 2022

A man was killed when he fell onto subway tracks at the Port Authority station and hit the third rail Thursday morning, cops said.

The straphanger fell onto the southbound A line tracks at the 42nd Street-Port Authority station around 7:10 a.m., just ahead of the morning rush, police said.

He made contact with the third rail, cops said.

The man, whose identity was not immediately known, died of his injuries, police said.

By the afternoon, police did not know how he fell, but said he was not the victim of a crime.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/21/man-dies-after-falling-onto-port-authority-tracks-hitting-third-rail/

Offline Kamaji

I got stuck in that this morning.  The train I was on was just about to enter the 42 street station when he fell.  So of course, they stopped the train in the tunnel, and then cut the power, which turned off the A/C - at least it didn't turn off all the lighting - and we sat there for more than half an hour before they finally started moving the train.

I feel sorry for whomever it was; may he rest in peace.