Author Topic: Woman leaps into river after Boston subway train bursts into flames  (Read 385 times)

Offline Kamaji

Woman leaps into river after Boston subway train bursts into flames

By Ben Kesslen
July 21, 2022

A Boston subway train caught fire on a bridge Thursday morning, causing chaos as commuters escaped through windows and one straphanger resorted to jumping into the river below.

Wild video taken from inside the train showed passengers climbing through windows of the train and fleeing onto the tracks. Footage from the tracks also shows passengers-turned-good Samaritans catching one another as they jumped out the windows with smoke billowing around them.

“An unidentified female passenger jumped off the bridge into the river,” Somerville Fire Chief Charles Breen told the Boston Globe. “Our marine boat happened to be in the river for training and was on scene immediately.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/21/woman-jumps-into-river-after-boston-subway-train-catches-fire/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Woman leaps into river after Boston subway train bursts into flames
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 06:43:34 pm »
“The woman refused to get into the boat. She was provided a life jacket and proceeded to swim to shore … then she walked away,” Breen added.

:pondering: I wonder where she was supposed to be instead of the train, or maybe some authorities had an interest in her?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Woman leaps into river after Boston subway train bursts into flames
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 07:09:05 pm »
You never know where those life jackets have been ... ewww

The Feds are on the MBTA's ass for saftey ... I wonder why?

My first thought was the Red Line on the Charles River Bridge, but, that was wrong.  At least it wasn't one of the new Chinese subway cars catching fire.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2022/07/21/orange-line-train-catches-fire-as-it-crosses-mystic-river/?p1=hp_primary
Orange Line train catches fire as it crosses Mystic River
No injuries were reported.

By Madeleine Aitken   
updated on July 21, 2022 | 2:19 PM

An MBTA Orange Line train caught fire early Thursday morning in Somerville as it crossed the bridge over the Mystic River.

MBTA spokesman Joe Pesaturo told The Boston Globe that at approximately 6:45 a.m., the head car of a southbound train traveling into Assembly station was observed to have flames and smoke coming off of it. He said all passengers made it off the train and no injuries were reported....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 07:12:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright