Author Topic: Sinema removes billionaire tax loophole from Manchin bill while raking in private equity money  (Read 278 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 5, 2022 11:50am EDT
Sinema among top private equity cash recipients as she removed billionaire tax loophole from Manchin bill
The carried interest tax provision was removed from the Inflation Reduction Act as part of her approval of the bill
By Joe Schoffstall , Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., has raked in significant amounts of campaign cash from the private equity sector, which notched a victory after she lobbied to remove a billionaire tax loophole from the Inflation Reduction Act as part of her agreement to back the legislation.

The Arizona Democrat announced Thursday that she would "move forward" in supporting the Inflation Reduction Act, the reconciliation package Senate Democrats unveiled last week. As part of the agreement, she successfully removed the carried interest tax provision, which targeted a loophole used by wealthy Americans.

"We have agreed to remove the carried interest tax provision, protect advanced manufacturing, and boost our clean energy economy in the Senate's budget reconciliation legislation," Sinema said late Thursday. "Subject to the Parliamentarian's review, I'll move forward."

Sinema's move is a win for the private equity sector, which pours large amounts of cash into her campaign's coffers.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sinema-top-private-equity-cash-recipients-removed-billionaire-tax-loophole-manchin-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
She's got the looks and body for a strumpet.

Seems she has the financial accumen too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.