Author Topic: Exclusive: Rep. Louie Gohmert Demands Cassidy Hutchinson Testimony as Jan 6 Committee Accuses Him of  (Read 247 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive: Rep. Louie Gohmert Demands Cassidy Hutchinson Testimony as Jan 6 Committee Accuses Him of Lying

Sean Moran 20 Jul 2022

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) sent a letter to the January 6 Committee leaders, demanding that they release the full unedited transcript and video of Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony to the committee, as Gohmert said the committee has accused him of “malicious lies,” Breitbart News has learned exclusively.

Gohmert sent the letter to Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), the chair of the January 6 committee, and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), the vice chair of the committee.

The Texas conservative said he has made his demand because of the “flatly erroneous, malicious lies presented by your committee, accusing me and other Members of Congress of asking President Trump and certain members of his staff for pardons and ourselves.” Gohmert stated in his letter and has said previously that he never asked for a pardon, nor has he “done anything to necessitate a pardon.”

“I did ask for pardons for deserving military members, former military, and one civilian late in 2020 in writer letters and packages of information,” Gohmert elaborated.

Gohmert also said that there remain many “overt and serious issues” with how the January 6 committee managed the Hutchinson testimony:

As multiple media outlets have reported, the Secret Service agent and driver implicated in Ms. Hutchinson’s testimony deny the accuracy of her account. This very public discrepancy goes directly to the credibility of the witness and likewise that of the Committee, calling into question the selective and biased manner in which the Committee presented testimony to the American public. As you know well, there are reasons that hearsay is rarely allowed in a courtroom, because of its unreliablity. Yet, you chose the unreliable testimony over more reliable direct live testimony from the Secret Service Agents in question.

Furthermore, having reviewed the video of Ms. Hutchinson’s testimony, there is reason to believe that her deposition was deceptively edited to make it sound as if the pardons I lawfully and unselfishly requestd for deserving people, in fact, were for me. Such deception and the fabricated headlines it causes is, at a minimum, immoral and unethical, in addition to being reprehensible. In the video’s current form, it could be that perjury was suborned.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/20/louie-gohmert-demands-cassidy-hutchinson-testimony-jan-6-committee-accuses-lies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34