Author Topic: Hoyer: If Biden ‘Were a Republican’ People Would Think the Economy Is Doing Well  (Read 809 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hoyer: If Biden ‘Were a Republican’ People Would Think the Economy Is Doing Well

Pam Key 20 Jul 2022

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said Wednesday on FNC’s “Your World” that if President Joe Biden were a Republican, people would think the economy was doing well.

Cavuto said, “I’m hearing doubts from a lot of folks that fear the president is overwhelmed, that Democrats have no answer. What do you say?”

Hoyer said, “I think that’s baloney. We have responsible answers. There’s the responsible use of existing fuels to power our economy. And you say the economy is not doing too well, 8.9 million jobs in 15 or 16 months. That’s more jobs than at any time in history.”

Cavuto said, “No doubt. But we’re looking at two back-to-back quarters that will likely be contracting and will be the definition of a recession. You’re quite right. We’re in a lot stronger possession than we were during the last one. But is there a real concern here that it’s slipping away? The president’s approval rating is at an all-time low. Democrats are at an all-time low. Are you worried about that backdrop for Democrats this year?”

Hoyer said, “I think inflation is a huge problem.”

He continued, “But again, we’re at 3.6 unemployment. Very frankly, Neil, if this were a Republican president, I think people would be saying, ‘Boy, 3.6 percent unemployment, that is essentially just about non-employment.'”

Cavuto interjected, “Until you go to the grocery store.”

Hoyer replied, “Until you go to the grocery store.”

Cavuto said, “But I get what you’re saying.”

He continued, “Do you think, as some in your party are saying, he should run again, he’s open to run again, he’s not too old to run again?”

Hoyer said, “Neil, I’m not going to go there. This is about today. You’re asking about problems today. There’s an inflation problem.”

Cavuto said, “Well, six out of ten Democrats don’t think the president is up to dealing with this today, right?”

Hoyer said, “Neil, are you going to let me speak?”

Cavuto replied.”Please, go ahead.”

Hoyer said, “Thank you. Neil, what you haven’t said is, in terms of inflation, this is a worldwide problem. We’re in the middle of the OECD nations in terms of inflation – about 50% higher than ours, 50% lower. We’re in the middle. It’s worldwide. What caused it? The pandemic caused it. The supply shortages and the spike in demand, as you point out.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/20/hoyer-if-biden-were-a-republican-people-would-think-the-economy-is-doing-well/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds like at 83 Steny is also losing his marbles, how else do you explain such an insane comment?

Offline Hoodat

If Biden were a Republican, he would have been impeached already.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Sounds like at 83 Steny is also losing his marbles, how else do you explain such an insane comment?

Steny is getting too old to be Minority Whip.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There is plenty enough for an honest DOJ to expose, and substantial cause for an impeachment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

So people would not mind run away inflation, a declining stock market, and a lower standard of living if it was a Republican president in the White House????

Who elects these people?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Exactly.