Author Topic: Buttigieg begs for electric car subsidies as Americans feel pump pain  (Read 650 times)

Offline Kamaji

Buttigieg begs for electric car subsidies as Americans feel pump pain

By Mark Moore and
Samuel Chamberlain   
July 19, 2022

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg stunned a Republican member of Congress Tuesday by asking him to help subsidize electric vehicle purchases while millions of Americans struggle to fill up their gas-powered cars.

“The more pain we are all experiencing from the high price of gas, ​the more benefit there is for those who can access electric vehicles,” Buttigieg told the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee — just before asking Rep. Carlos Gimenez (R-Fla.) to “reconsider opposing the reduction of EV upfront prices with tax credits.”

“So you’re saying the more pain we have, the more benefit we’re going to get?” a flabbergasted Gimenez asked Buttigieg.

“Of course — no,” Buttigieg chuckled as Gimenez said: “I think that’s what I heard you say.”

“No, no,” the laughing transportation secretary insisted. “That’s what you heard me say?”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/19/buttigieg-begs-for-electric-car-subsidies-as-americans-feel-pump-pain/

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

These people are absolutely sick.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This goes beyond "Oh, Hell no!".

Taxpayer money to create superfund sites in the future of discarded batteries and vehicles.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:14:55 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

Give me a $50K subsidy and I'll buy an EV.

Offline libertybele

Give me a $50K subsidy and I'll buy an EV.

Nope.  I will not comply.  No green energy crappola, climate change crappola or liberal agenda crappola.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

Nope.  I will not comply.  No green energy crappola, climate change crappola or liberal agenda crappola.
I would take the subsidy, buy an EV with it then sell the new EV to someone for a good price. The I could use the funds to put a new supercharger on my Challenger.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 03:18:28 am by Killer Clouds »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

We have to endure these people for 2 more years.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The more sado-masochist pain that is inflicted, the better things will be?  Is Butt Gig letting his sexual picadillos creep into his politics in general?
This is just one part of what we now must endure when the hate Trump Crowd got their way.  Thank the biden hos for what they have done and are doing to this Country now.  Satisfied you got your ways and the irreparable damage you have done?
 :smokin: ****slapping :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions