Author Topic: Soros Backs O’Rourke’s Bid for Texas Governor With $1 Million  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Idiot

Soros Backs O’Rourke’s Bid for Texas Governor With $1 Million

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/soros-backs-o-rourke-s-bid-for-texas-governor-with-1-million/ar-AAZKRTY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=69a71a05e0414a9eaf59fc1bd4d41b66

The man is pure evil.  And to think my brother worked for Soros in Hungary....grrrrrrrrrrr.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Soros Backs O’Rourke’s Bid for Texas Governor With $1 Million
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 09:11:25 pm »
How does that jive with Federal and Texas election finance law in regards to persons with foreign citizenship making financial contributions to political campaigns?

Soros has dual Hungarian and American citizenship.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 09:12:42 pm »
I realize this opinion will be unpopular here, but I sense that Mr. O'Rourke is going to mount as solid a challenge against governor Abbott as he did against Senator Cruz a few years' back.

That is to say, he may do much better than folks on the right are thinking he will do.

Abbott has been lackluster and could be easily knocked over...

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 09:23:59 pm »
I realize this opinion will be unpopular here, but I sense that Mr. O'Rourke is going to mount as solid a challenge against governor Abbott as he did against Senator Cruz a few years' back.

That is to say, he may do much better than folks on the right are thinking he will do.

Very unlikely...

All Abbott has to do is run this ad 24/7

This is Texas.  Even liberals don't want their guns messed with.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:04:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 09:33:28 pm »
Will abortion be able to tip the scales more than inflation, 2nd Amendment Rights, the survival of fossil fuel industry and its jobs?

Dems will have the illusion of leading because mass media is co-located with the Dems urban and educated base.

Local and Network Broadcast TV will create the mirage that the Dems are winning, but the silent majority living outside urban mass media markets will roar at the ballot box.

Let the Dems lull themselves into a false sense of victory, so their voters become complacent and lackadaisical about actually casting votes, like they did in 2016.

Limousine Liberal Dems are inherently arrogant, dismissive, emotional, lazy, and bad at math.

Liberal Dems think polls and money count more than votes.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 09:36:48 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 09:34:04 pm »

You mean, make a huge bunch of noise and lose again? Yeah, we're expecting Bobby to do that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 09:34:20 pm »
The Irish Breakfast taco is still a Nacho no matter how much money the Soro's NAzi backers throws behind him
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 10:10:32 pm »
You mean, make a huge bunch of noise and lose again? Yeah, we're expecting Bobby to do that.

:silly:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 10:21:11 pm »

Well, with Soros backing him with $$ and the DEMS having stealing elections down pat, don't be surprised if TX turns blue.  Not a popular opinion, but nonetheless I see it as a definite possibility.

Perhaps not Beto's time, but in order for the DEMS to take full control they need a blue TX and a blue FL.  The ILLEGAL insurgency will help in TX and the massive migration to FL from liberal states like NY, NJ and CA will help turn FL blue -- also FL is again starting to have another huge influx of ILLEGALS.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 10:29:07 pm »
I realize this opinion will be unpopular here, but I sense that Mr. O'Rourke is going to mount as solid a challenge against Governor Abbott as he did against Senator Cruz a few years' back.

And that pointing-up is scary as hell!  Some of my "conservative friends" will vote for Beetoe without blinking an eye!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2022, 10:32:08 pm »
And that pointing-up is scary as hell!  Some of my "conservative friends" will vote for Beetoe without blinking an eye!

??? Is Abbott that disliked by conservatives that they would vote for an azzhat like Beto?? 

So, what has Abbott done to deserve losing his seat??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 10:36:34 pm »

I predict Abbot will win by 15 points. Let's see which of us comes closer to the actual result.

Edit: It's good to see Soros wasting his money.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:37:50 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 10:39:19 pm »
??? Is Abbott that disliked by conservatives that they would vote for an azzhat like Beto?? 

So, what has Abbott done to deserve losing his seat??

I don't know.  It's beyond my way of thinking.  He, Beto, must have taken lessons from Obama in public speaking.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2022, 10:51:26 pm »
I predict Abbot will win by 15 points. Let's see which of us comes closer to the actual result.

Edit: It's good to see Soros wasting his money.

@Ghost Bear I hope you are correct.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2022, 10:53:02 pm »
I don't know.  It's beyond my way of thinking.  He, Beto, must have taken lessons from Obama in public speaking.

Beto, Soros, O'Bammy they're all for the transformation of this country (even if Beto doesn't know what that means).

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2022, 11:48:42 pm »
Just remember the Harold Stassen effect: the more he runs for office, the less seriously people will take him. He's run two losing campaigns in a row. A third will sink him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 12:05:11 am »
Just remember the Harold Stassen effect: the more he runs for office, the less seriously people will take him. He's run two losing campaigns in a row. A third will sink him.

888high58888  Let's just hope he loses.

Online LMAO

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 02:21:24 am »

Abbott may be lackluster but Beto isn't going to be the next TX governor
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy