Author Topic: Biden Energy Adviser Hochstein: We Need to Limit Oil Production ‘to Accelerate the Transition’  (Read 374 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Energy Adviser Hochstein: We Need to Limit Oil Production ‘to Accelerate the Transition’

Trent Baker 19 Jul 2022

On Tuesday, Biden energy adviser Amos Hochstein sounded off about the president considering declaring a climate emergency that would allow him to limit drilling in the United States.

Hochstein told CNN’s “New Day” that the Biden administration had “been clear that we want to see the U.S. industry increase oil production” but said it was important to limit the production “to make sure that we’re in a better footing to accelerate the transition” to green energy.

“I think we have been clear that we want to see the U.S. industry increase oil production,” Hochstein outlined.

“It is about making a choice between what is the short-term and the medium-term so that we can make sure we have enough oil and gas to support us through the transition, and what are the kind of steps that we don’t want the oil and gas industry to take that would have long-term consequences when we don’t want new major projects that would take 20, 30 years to become profitable,” he continued. “So, we have to make that differentiation to make sure that the American consumer has what it needs … to grow our economy and the global economy, but not take steps and endanger the climate work that we’re trying to do to make sure that we’re in a better footing to accelerate the transition.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/19/biden-energy-adviser-hochstein-we-need-to-limit-oil-production-to-accelerate-the-transition/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This is going to get very ugly.

There should be no doubt that all of this is being done intentionally. They don’t care what harm it causes

Climate change is their religion
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

These jerks are doing the very same thing they did to the forest industry - Letting small or temporary sales happen, but causing the big jobs that the industry relied upon to wane. And promoting Canadian forest products (with Canada subsidizing) to dry up markets for the mills and destroy futures.

Without futures, the moneybags bailed and the whole thing dried up.

Offline roamer_1

This is going to get very ugly.

There should be no doubt that all of this is being done intentionally. They don’t care what harm it causes

Climate change is their religion

That's right.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's right.
Better buy gas for those 'alternative uses' before the price goes back up. :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis