Author Topic: Channel 2 Investigates: At over $312,000 a year, who does this state representative represent?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Channel 2 Investigates: At over $312,000 a year, who does this state representative represent?

HOUSTON – It appears that state Rep. Jim Murphy likes taxpayer-funded hats. Channel 2 Investigates identified him wearing a couple of them. One is for the 133rd District on Houston's west side, and the other remains unclear.

Employment contracts between Murphy and the Westchase District, a governmental agency and political subdivision of the state, show Murphy banking a fixed monthly fee of over $26,000 a month. That is a whopping $312,000 a year. The contract also lists him as a "consultant" even though the website for the Westchase District clearly says he's the general manager.

So what is the problem?

State law says, "No member of the Legislature may hold any other office or position of profit, except as a notary public."

In other words, a legislator cannot hold another taxpayer-funded job...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If you've ever wondered why people will spend so much money to get a job that pays $600.00 a month this article will give you a very large clue! They have been getting away with this kind of crap for ages and it needs to stop!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:56:41 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
GOP Lawmakers Seek to Censure Fellow Republicans for Opposing Incumbents

“This whole issue is about the Incumbent Protection Program. If you dare exercise your First Amendment right to oppose Republican members who oppose conservative policies, they will ‘censure’ you.”

The caucus’ executive committee—comprised of Chairman Jim Murphy (R–Houston), Vice Chair Tom Oliverson (R–Cypress), Treasurer Craig Goldman (R–Fort Worth), and Secretary Candy Noble (R–Lucas)—-determined that Cason, Leman, and Toth violated sections 7.09 and/or 7.10 of the caucus bylaws by financially supporting or endorsing a grassroots challenger.

Excerpts: Rest at headline link.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Attempt to Censure GOP Lawmakers for Opposing Incumbents Fails

“Caucus leadership wanted to use this to send a message to incoming members like Carrie Isaac, Nate Schatzline and others that they need to stay in line. The attempt backfired.”

- J. R. R. Tolkien