Author Topic: White House could declare climate emergency as soon as Wednesday: sources  (Read 7717 times)

Offline Hoodat

Those that sit for everything stand for nothing.

I vote for Conservatives.  If Republicans really wanted my vote, then they would field Conservative candidates.  The fact that they don't proves to me that they don't want my vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I submit there is a severe underlying problem as the primaries do not elect anyone to office whereas the general election is where all officials are elected.

When one does not vote in the general, one is for all intents and purposes avoiding the exercising of responsibilities outlined within the Constitution on the selection of government which represents the people. If everyone did it this way, the Constitution is null and void and might as well be thrown away,

I beg to differ @IsailedawayfromFR primaries are where a party standard bearer is selected. IMHO THAT is the most important part of the process. I vote in every Republican primary for the most conservative person in the field. If the nominee turns out to be a squish that person will not get my vote in the general unless he is the ONLY choice other than a Democrat.

And BTW:  If I'm still around when John Cornyn comes up again he can count on not getting my vote in ANY election.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 02:27:04 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

I agree completely,and would like to add that if you wait for THE "perfect conservative candidate" to run before you cast a vote,you will never cast a vote because NOBODY is perfect in every single respect.

@sneakypete
Oh bullcrap. That 'perfect' nonsense is tired and a damn lie. Voting FOR someone who is NOT Conservative is not merely imperfect. It is diametrically opposed to perfect.

You are losing to globalists precisely because the Republicans - who are supposed to be defending Conservatism - are plugged full to overflowing with Globalist RINOs... The Moderate wing, which has been in power since Reagan left the whitehouse is globalist in its very tenets... The likes of the Boooshes and McCaint. Murder Turdle and Boner...

Liberalism/globalism is winning because it has no opposition.
That opposition is supposed to be Republicans.
Which is why I am a Republican no more.

Online roamer_1

I vote for Conservatives.  If Republicans really wanted my vote, then they would field Conservative candidates.  The fact that they don't proves to me that they don't want my vote.

That's right. And the customer is always right.
They have to have something to offer ME.
and big.gov is not going to work.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not at all true. If there is no Conservative choice, exercising the right to abstain is just as valid as any vote.

@roamer_1

The devil is in the details. There is no such critter as a "perfect conservative candidate". Not even Barry Goldwater,who came closer to that description than anyone else I can remember,or Ronald Reagan,who most likely gave us another 2 decades to adjust to the changing political situation.

Let me ask you this,would you vote for Reagan or Goldwater if either were running today?

Don't throw out the good because you don't think they are perfect.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

The devil is in the details. There is no such critter as a "perfect conservative candidate". Not even Barry Goldwater,who came closer to that description than anyone else I can remember,or Ronald Reagan,who most likely gave us another 2 decades to adjust to the changing political situation.

@sneakypete
I have already addressed this 'perfect' bullcrap.

Let me ask you this,would you vote for Reagan or Goldwater if either were running today?

Yes. I will vote very readily for ANYONE coming out of the Conservative (Goldwater/Reagan) wing of the Republican party.

Don't throw out the good because you don't think they are perfect.

I don't. Non-Conservative candidates are not good. And the opposite of perfect.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 02:34:56 am by roamer_1 »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The unashamed vassal virgins of the secret left have spoken.  Lets see the new pretzeled truths.  Roamer has always championed Trump, and have always fought against Biden?   Lets see if truth is now lies, and lies are now truth?
 twilight zonexxxx twilight zonexxxx twilight zonexxxx :dumpster: :reaper: :media:
After ALL thats been said, these outrageous lies are left to stand, unapposed.  Then we are done and hell will continue to reign, and those that will not stand for the truth, will fall with the liars lies, and they are welcome to that fate.  After all, these are the End Times.
When it came time to be counted standing, they would not rise.
Clearly hell owns you.
 :smokin: :media: :smokin:

-----------------------------------------------
Re: House Passes ‘Equality Act’ to End Legal Recognition of Biological Sex
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2021, 12:37:57 PM »

NOPE. Not interested in big-government Republicans. I would rather it was the Democrats spending us into annihilation, and leave the damn Republicans in the corner with the Dunce cap on. At least that way there's some faint hope that the people will get fed up enough to actually DO, and maybe the Republicans will have a come-to-Jesus moment and actually rise to defend for a change.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The perverted corrupted bizarre insane has taken hold, under the pretense of righteous virtue perverted 'equality'.  The corrupted Jim Jones kool-aid has been liberally drank here, in a perverse righteousness.  Enjpy the final consequences you drunken corrupt kool-aid drinkers.  The results wee come out much the same.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 08:56:30 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

The unashamed vassal virgins of the secret left have spoken.  Lets see the new pretzeled truths.  Roamer has always championed Trump, and have always fought against Biden?   Lets see if truth is now lies, and lies are now truth?

WTF are you going on about? I have NEVER championed Tumpy and never would, and said as much right upthread. I also have never championed Biteme either, and never would, and said so upthread.

As I have said before, again and again: A pox on both their houses.
I despise big government from either side of the aisle.
What about that is so hard for you to grasp?

After ALL thats been said, these outrageous lies are left to stand, unapposed. 

What lies?

Then we are done and hell will continue to reign, and those that will not stand for the truth, will fall with the liars lies, and they are welcome to that fate.  After all, these are the End Times.
Clearly hell owns you.

You are right in only this much: We are most likely done. And the reason for it is an overweening, coercive federal government that is big enough to take every liberty.
And that big government was funded every bit as much by Republicans as Democrats. By Tumpy every bit as much as Biteme.

AND YOU VOTED *FOR* IT from the so-called 'right'
You are *for* it, so long as it's your guy spending the money.

I will NOT be like that. The hypocrisy of some around here... tearing their garments over Bitme's spending... Suddenly fiscal eagles... I can count on one hand how many around here were bitching all the way along about spending, be it Tumpy or Biteme.

Those are the honest ones. And I am among them. I will not endorse your big government any more than I will endorse The Democrats - And in that I have been profoundly consistent.

**AND AGAIN you quote me without a link, so that folks can see what I said in context. That says more about you than me. Everybody here knows where I am.

YES, I would rather the Republicans go to their corner
Better the Democrats spending us into oblivion
than Republicans spending us into oblivion.

The Republicans are supposed to DEFEND AGAINST us being spent into oblivion, not help to spend us into oblivion. AGAIN, how damn hard is that to comprehend?

The perverted corrupted bizarre insane has taken hold, under the pretense of righteous virtue perverted 'equality'.  The corrupted Jim Jones kool-aid has been liberally drank here, in a perverse righteousness.  Enjpy the final consequences you drunken corrupt kool-aid drinkers.  The results wee come out much the same.

What incoherent bullcrap is this now?

Offline Killer Clouds

WTF are you going on about? I have NEVER championed Tumpy and never would, and said as much right upthread. I also have never championed Biteme either, and never would, and said so upthread.

As I have said before, again and again: A pox on both their houses.
I despise big government from either side of the aisle.
What about that is so hard for you to grasp?

What lies?

You are right in only this much: We are most likely done. And the reason for it is an overweening, coercive federal government that is big enough to take every liberty.
And that big government was funded every bit as much by Republicans as Democrats. By Tumpy every bit as much as Biteme.

AND YOU VOTED *FOR* IT from the so-called 'right'
You are *for* it, so long as it's your guy spending the money.

I will NOT be like that. The hypocrisy of some around here... tearing their garments over Bitme's spending... Suddenly fiscal eagles... I can count on one hand how many around here were bitching all the way along about spending, be it Tumpy or Biteme.

Those are the honest ones. And I am among them. I will not endorse your big government any more than I will endorse The Democrats - And in that I have been profoundly consistent.

**AND AGAIN you quote me without a link, so that folks can see what I said in context. That says more about you than me. Everybody here knows where I am.

YES, I would rather the Republicans go to their corner
Better the Democrats spending us into oblivion
than Republicans spending us into oblivion.

The Republicans are supposed to DEFEND AGAINST us being spent into oblivion, not help to spend us into oblivion. AGAIN, how damn hard is that to comprehend?

What incoherent bullcrap is this now?
Again says the guy who sits for everything and stands for nothing. Your opinion is worthless. Sit back down and STFU. No one cares about your whining and lying.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@roamer_1   @IsailedawayfromFR

I agree completely,and would like to add that if you wait for THE "perfect conservative candidate" to run before you cast a vote,you will never cast a vote because NOBODY is perfect in every single respect.

Well,*I* am of course,but I am not running for office.

"We,the people" didn't lose this country to the internationalist bankers because there were no candidates available that were opposed to globalism. We lost it because there were too few conservative voters willing to vote for candidates that were not perfect in EVERY respect,while the Dims voted for any candidate that offered them anything "for free". We were too picky,and our opponents weren't picky at all. Not hard to figure out how we got outnumbered at the polls.

As that famous philosopher Pogo once noted,"We haz met the enemy,and he iz us!"

The RIGHT thing to do is to vote in the the primary election for the MOST conservative candidate running while encouraging him or her to lean even further to the right.

And......,no matter how much you might have to hold your nose, vote for any candidate in the primary that is more conservative than the one backed by the DNC. IF that candidate wins and takes office,start reminding him or her on day one that you expect them to be even more conservative with their votes in office if they expect to remain in office.

"We,the people" did NOT lose control of this country in one fell swoop. We lost it a bit at a time,over a period dating back to the late 1930's to early 1940's,and "progressing one baby step at a time",until we got to where we are today,and we are going to have to take it back one baby step at a time.

Providing of course enough of us do this to encourage more conservatism from our candidates in time to avoid having to "vote with our rifles" as what used to be our own government comes after us.

This probably sounds more difficult than I believe it to be. I write this because I  see people all around me who up until a couple of elections ago,ALWAYS voted for the Dim candidate,regardless of who it was or what they stood for. I see and talk with these same people today that I used to argue with 2 elections ago,and they would crawl through broken glass to vote for Trump. One woman I have known since she was 14 told me last week that she hates Trump with a passion,but "I am going to vote for that SOB anyway because I believe he is who we need to save this country." And this is a woman who can't even say "Trump" without twisting her face in anger.

Also,consider this,her sister,her daughter,he sisters adult children, and every other relative she has that lives in this state are also planning on voting for Trump,and not a single one of them has ever voted Republican before.

The "tide is no longer turning". It has turned. We can only hope it happened in time to prevent a government takeover by the internationalists.

BTW,if any of you have had the same experiences with former Dims becoming hard-core conservatives,I would like to hear about it. I know I can'tm possibly be the only one.
Well stated @sneakypete , and better than how I did.

The Constitution is null and void if people simply go back to playing with their toys instead of actually voting.  The ability of a citizens to vote is the single biggest action the Founders incorporated within the Constitution as it was unprecedented in history. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well stated @sneakypete , and better than how I did.

The Constitution is null and void if people simply go back to playing with their toys instead of actually voting.  The ability of a citizens to vote is the single biggest action the Founders incorporated within the Constitution as it was unprecedented in history.

Would you be kind enough to point out exactly where that appears in the Constitution?  Try as I might, I cannot find it. @IsailedawayfromFR

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

I beg to differ @IsailedawayfromFR primaries are where a party standard bearer is selected. IMHO THAT is the most important part of the process. I vote in every Republican primary for the most conservative person in the field. If the nominee turns out to be a squish that person will not get my vote in the general unless he is the ONLY choice other than a Democrat.

And BTW:  If I'm still around when John Cornyn comes up again he can count on not getting my vote in ANY election.

I understand and support your position 100%. 

Primaries are a key component of who we elect but as we are in agreement that to concentrate on those solely and to abstain on the general is a terrible, terrible way to act as a citizen as any opportunity for a sayso on who ultimately gets elected to represent them is thrown away.

There is no way anybody should refrain from voting in the general. None.  Vote for oneself if need be, but vote as it is paramount on preserving our republic.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Would you be kind enough to point out exactly where that appears in the Constitution?  Try as I might, I cannot find it. @IsailedawayfromFR
Try as a start Section 2: The House of Representatives
The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States,

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Try as a start Section 2: The House of Representatives
The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States,

:yowsa: I'm familiar with that language but still don't see anything about voting.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

:yowsa: I'm familiar with that language but still don't see anything about voting.
I have no idea how people can choose their representatives if one does not vote on them.

Suppose they meant maybe some other way?

And the 15th of course has this

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

Offline libertybele

I have no idea how people can choose their representatives if one does not vote on them.

Suppose they meant maybe some other way?

And the 15th of course has this

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

I refuse to vote for someone I don't want.  It is my choice to not vote for someone who I feel won't take us in a positive direction. No RINO's.  No liberals. Only conservatives. Voting for someone I don't like is, well, stupid.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I refuse to vote for someone I don't want.  It is my choice to not vote for someone who I feel won't take us in a positive direction. No RINO's.  No liberals. Only conservatives. Voting for someone I don't like is, well, stupid.
Why not write in someone you want?  Like yourself?

Exercising your right to vote is an important element of being a citizen of this country.

Offline Killer Clouds

Why not write in someone you want?  Like yourself?

Exercising your right to vote is an important element of being a citizen of this country.
:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He will not. Watch and see.

It would be fair to say that I am far harder on the insipid so-called 'right'. Because they are the ones who wrap themselves in the Conservative mantle and then do nothing to defend those principles once elected. They are the ones who swore to defend our liberties, who are supposed to rise and stand in the breach, and who instead have done nothing to defend those liberties, and in fact collude with globalists and Democrats to erode those very liberties they swore to defend.

Little wonder that they are the focus of my ire. What is a wonderment is that they are not naturally the focus of everyone's ire.

You will not stop Democrats from ascending, any more than Democrats ca stop Republicans from ascending.., it is an oppositional system and one side or the other will be in power. There is nothing to stop Democrats from exercising that power when they have ascended. They will have their way, as everything from FDR forward attests.

So there are only two points of real defense:

When Republicans are in power, what they do can defend against liberalism and globalism. Foremost, by tearing down the edifices built by the Democrats during their time of power. Overturning what the democrats did, and putting things right. That happens so seldom as to be a rarity. Republicans want that power of big government too - They just claim to be better at using it (which they are not).

The only other point of defense is to remove that power... To take it away from BOTH sides in the form of fiscal conservatism. Take away their money, and their power vanishes.

Sadly, both require a Conservative Republican party to rise and actually DEFEND. That is not possible in the current, so-called 'right', packed to overflowing with RINOs, and voters trained like Pavlov's dog to keep voting them in... Because Democrats.  *****rollingeyes*****
The greatest Republican failure has been, in my estimation, the consistent failure to roll back egregious Democrat advances when they have the opportunity. Instead, those windows of opportunity are whizzed away. The second egregious failure is the never-failing defection of 'just enough' Republicans to continue seriously contended policies and to pass new ones that are equally unwelcome in a Constitutional Republic.

I haven't donated to the GOP in decades as a result of outbreaks of beltway fever in the ranks, and the leadership, such as it is is more often busy giving ground before any negotiations begin. They are lousy horsetraders, and couldn't negotiate their way into a senior discount.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The unashamed vassal virgins of the secret left have spoken.  Lets see the new pretzeled truths.  Roamer has always championed Trump, and have always fought against Biden?   Lets see if truth is now lies, and lies are now truth?
That logical fallacy, that there are only two choices, has been waved about here far too often. It is a False Dichotomy, that in order to oppose 'A', you support 'B'. It is perfectly possible to object to both.

The Twilight Zone I am seeing here is the consistent attempt to splatter @roamer_1 with the effluent from either side of the political Monkey House.
twilight zonexxxx twilight zonexxxx twilight zonexxxx :dumpster: :reaper: :media:

After ALL thats been said, these outrageous lies are left to stand, unapposed. 
UnApposed, would mean not placing things close to one another, when, in fact, the similarities in effect of the actions of both parties would make them apposed, in that though they may claim different philosophies, the net effect of both Parties has been to shuffle, Left foot first, then the Right foot, with different excuses, down the road to totalitarian government domination of its employers, We, the People. Their effects are close, with one party passing the measures the other could not. Funny how people allegedly on the Right will back the notions found in the Patriot act, which if applied could make whatever you own, including your home forfeit under the right circumstances, and that declaration would come from the government itself.

Just one example, but if that had been proposed by Democrats under Clinton, the Americans on the Right would have been up at arms instead of beating the drum for it.
Then we are done and hell will continue to reign, and those that will not stand for the truth, will fall with the liars lies, and they are welcome to that fate.  After all, these are the End Times.
Clearly hell owns you.
 :smokin: :media: :smokin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pray for discernment, friend. Now we see as through a glass darkly, but then, face to face.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 03:45:14 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

I understand and support your position 100%. 

Primaries are a key component of who we elect but as we are in agreement that to concentrate on those solely and to abstain on the general is a terrible, terrible way to act as a citizen as any opportunity for a sayso on who ultimately gets elected to represent them is thrown away.

There is no way anybody should refrain from voting in the general. None.  Vote for oneself if need be, but vote as it is paramount on preserving our republic.

NONSENSE.

If my choices are between a sh*t sandwich and a turd burger, you intend that I MUST choose one. That's purely nonsense. I don't want EITHER ONE. And I shouldn't pick either one, lest either one is given a mandate, and approval is given for the exact opposite of what I want.

The part you are missing about voting is that the founders intended it to be an act of conscience. They were offended and forewarned about this partisan bullcrap...

I cannot cast my endorsement without a good conscience. THAT is the essence of voting.
It is an endorsement - It can only be an endorsement - An approval. And that can only be granted in good conscience.

That is not HAVING TO choose between a sh*t sandwich and a turd burger. In that case, I will wander down the street and find a nice deli.

Online roamer_1

The Twilight Zone I am seeing here is the consistent attempt to splatter @roamer_1 with the effluent from either side of the political Monkey House.  UnApposed, would mean not placing things close to one another, when, in fact, the similarities in effect of the actions of both parties would make them apposed, in that though they may claim different philosophies, the net effect of both Parties has been to shuffle, Left foot first, then the Right foot, with different excuses, down the road to totalitarian government domination of its employers, We, the People. Their effects are close, with one party passing the measures the other could not. Funny how people allegedly on the Right will back the notions found in the Patriot act, which if applied could make whatever you own, including your home forfeit under the right circumstances, and that declaration would come from the government itself.

And you can mark my words: That Patriot Act is gonna come back to bite us... Just like consolidating fed enforcement under Homeland Security will... Republicans at their very best.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

The greatest Republican failure has been, in my estimation, the consistent failure to roll back egregious Democrat advances when they have the opportunity. Instead, those windows of opportunity are whizzed away. The second egregious failure is the never-failing defection of 'just enough' Republicans to continue seriously contended policies and to pass new ones that are equally unwelcome in a Constitutional Republic.

That's all the same thing... It is not just ineptitude and dragging feet... It is outright collusion. Both sides want big government. Both sides want globalism. The only argument is who will run it better. So where statist and globalist gains can be made, they cooperate. It is so very evident that it is undeniable.

I haven't donated to the GOP in decades as a result of outbreaks of beltway fever in the ranks, and the leadership, such as it is is more often busy giving ground before any negotiations begin. They are lousy horsetraders, and couldn't negotiate their way into a senior discount.

After I walked away from Republicans in 07 over Duncan Hunter getting levered out of the primaries, I have not given one single cent to the Republicans, nor to the organizations that surround it. I am absent from the national scene.

I do give money directly to Conservative candidates. I do support Conservative causes, but I do so locally and regionally. With the exception of GOA, all of my time and treasure is largely within the state.

That's not entirely true, because NW MT is really kinda eastern Idaho Panhandle... The Inland Northwest which is typically thought of as WA, OR, ID kinda tends to bleed over here too because we are west of the hump.

Online roamer_1

Again says the guy who sits for everything and stands for nothing. Your opinion is worthless. Sit back down and STFU. No one cares about your whining and lying.

All you ever do is throw poo... I guess that's all you've got.

Offline Killer Clouds

All you ever do is throw poo... I guess that's all you've got.
Sounds like more whining. That's all you ever have.