Author Topic: White House could declare climate emergency as soon as Wednesday: sources  (Read 7719 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 White House could declare climate emergency as soon as Wednesday: sources
by Rachel Frazin - 07/19/22 11:04 AM ET

President Biden could declare a climate emergency as soon as Wednesday, two sources familiar with the plans told The Hill on Tuesday.

One of the sources said that federal agencies are expecting an executive order declaring a climate emergency as soon as tomorrow, but it’s not entirely clear what it will entail.

A second source also said the declaration could come on Wednesday. A third person confirmed that a climate emergency declaration was under consideration by the White House, as first reported by The Washington Post.

The White House announced Tuesday that Biden will travel on Wednesday to Somerset, Mass., to deliver remarks on tackling climate change.

A White House official declined to directly comment on whether Biden will pursue a climate emergency declaration, saying only that many options are under consideration.

“The President made clear that if the Senate doesn’t act to tackle the climate crisis and strengthen our domestic clean energy industry, he will. We are considering all options and no decision has been made,” the official said in an email.

The move comes as hopes for climate action on Capitol Hill have stalled, as swing vote Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) backed away from talks last week following months of negotiations. The potential climate legislation, as part of Biden’s broader economic agenda, was expected to include major investments in clean energy.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/3565619-white-house-could-declare-climate-emergency-as-soon-as-wednesday-sources/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Most Unprecedented, Illegal, and Abusive use of the EO in nation's history. He has taken a role of dictator.

GOP needs to throw the kitchen sink at this.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:08:10 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What does EO accomplish?  Nothing.

It's an empty attempt to create a false sense of urgency to pass his terrible legislation.

It's a publicity stunt to get Congress off its ass to pass more of his failing agenda.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.  If there is no crisis, manufacture one.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:13:48 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

It's an empty attempt to create a false sense of urgency to pass his terrible legislation.

It's a publicity stunt to get Congress off its ass to pass more of his failing agenda.

No, it's doubling down, and it is dangerous. He can use the administration's regulatory powers with a free hand in an emergency.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Watch him legislate from that EO, and by proclamation or dictate everything to dissolve  hydrocarbon industry in this country.  And I don't have much faith in our feckless GOP to stop him.

XL was a good example of this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

WTF is a climate emergency?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The emergency is that fuel prices are falling and this threatens their scheme to create a Green Xanadu utopia.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
The emergency is that fuel prices are falling and this threatens their scheme to create a Green Xanadu utopia dystopia

Edited slightly for accuracy.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

One person's utopia is another's dystopia.

Offline Kamaji

Biden Has No Right To Declare A ‘National Climate Emergency’:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/19/biden-has-no-right-to-declare-a-national-climate-emergency/

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

When society degrades under the weight of the idiotic green initiatives, I don't see utopia.  Unless you feel utopia consists of starvation, mass deaths, disease, and crime ridden streets.

These idiots have no idea what they are about to bring upon the world. 

Online roamer_1

I'll take 'Why Federalism' for a thousand, Alex!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

All the more reason to stock up on food, generator fuel, and ammunition.

The Dems are counting on more Government spending and gimmicks to offset the harm the Green Agenda is causing to the unwashed masses.

Holding the line on new appropriations will let unwashed masses feel the real cost for the Green Agenda, and this will hurt the Dems.

Dems: We need more government spending to offer relief for inflation and fuel.

GOP: If energy was more affordable for everyone, there would be no need for additional Government spending.  This can be accomplished by more private investment in American domestic energy.  Build, Back, American.  Why should working, taxpaying American families be compelled to subsize the Green New Sham / the Global Climate Shakedown?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:03:51 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline mountaineer

What in the actual hell.

Townhall.com
@townhallcom
John Kirby says that climate change is responsible for the fighting in Syria.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1549483278251528192
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What in the actual hell.
I think he just said that he is able to control and stop droughts, all over the world?
Boy! That is one special magic trick ...
And then by him stopping droughts, America's military will not have to go to war?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

The WH has gone full bat crap crazy.  Declare a climate emergency?  What the heck does that entail?

Forcing everyone to go solar, do away with their gasoline driven cars and go EV? Putting meters on water and limiting consumption?

No more cattle ranching? No more dairy farming? 

..and people are supposed to be able to afford this how?  Or, do we wait in line like good little sheep with our bowls so that they can give us our daily portion of porridge?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 10:48:35 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

What in the actual hell.

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Kirby is a lying POS idiot.

Offline Killer Clouds

The WH has gone full bat crap crazy.  Declare a climate emergency?  What the heck does that entail?

Forcing everyone to go solar, do away with their gasoline driven cars and go EV? Putting meters on water and limiting consumption?

..and people are supposed to be able to afford this how?  Or, do we wait in line like good little sheep with our bowls so that they can give us our daily portion of porridge?
Or bring a call to arms and fight against this tyranny.

Offline Kamaji

Porridge?  More like Soylent Green.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin: Climate ‘Emergency’ Is ‘More Important Than’ Current Economy, Inflation

Ian Hanchett 19 Jul 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The Beat,” Senate Majority Whip Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) responded to Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) inflation concerns on climate legislation by stating that climate is “an emergency” that “We have to do everything that we can” about, and this is “more important than any current economic statistics” like inflation.

Host Ari Melber asked, “Is the global macro inflation a reason not to do something on climate right now? How do you work with your colleague there when sometimes his reasons don’t really match what’s happening?”

Durbin responded, “I respect Joe. I disagree with him. I think the global situation is an emergency, and if we’re not serious about it in this generation, our kids will pay a heavy, heavy price. We have to do everything that we can do, more important than any current economic statistics is the fact that if we don’t move soon, we’re going to do lasting damage to this planet we live on and our children will have fewer opportunities because of it. So, I would say to Joe, we may disagree, my friend, but when you think about your kids and grandkids, you’ve got to take an extra step forward.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/19/durbin-climate-emergency-is-more-important-than-current-economy-inflation/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

Durbin: Climate ‘Emergency’ Is ‘More Important Than’ Current Economy, Inflation

Ian Hanchett 19 Jul 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The Beat,” Senate Majority Whip Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) responded to Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-WV) inflation concerns on climate legislation by stating that climate is “an emergency” that “We have to do everything that we can” about, and this is “more important than any current economic statistics” like inflation.

Host Ari Melber asked, “Is the global macro inflation a reason not to do something on climate right now? How do you work with your colleague there when sometimes his reasons don’t really match what’s happening?”

Durbin responded, “I respect Joe. I disagree with him. I think the global situation is an emergency, and if we’re not serious about it in this generation, our kids will pay a heavy, heavy price. We have to do everything that we can do, more important than any current economic statistics is the fact that if we don’t move soon, we’re going to do lasting damage to this planet we live on and our children will have fewer opportunities because of it. So, I would say to Joe, we may disagree, my friend, but when you think about your kids and grandkids, you’ve got to take an extra step forward.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/19/durbin-climate-emergency-is-more-important-than-current-economy-inflation/

Total bullshit.  This is nothing more than fascism dressed up in green stormboots.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congress writes the checks/pays the bills

If an EO includes monetary expenditures does it fall back on Congress to pay or would it be covered in an EO?.....

Nevermind just answered my own question

What can the President not do?
A PRESIDENT CANNOT . . .

declare war. decide how federal money will be spent. interpret laws. choose Cabinet members or Supreme Court Justices without Senate approval.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:06:02 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Killer roared:
"Or bring a call to arms and fight against this tyranny."

OK, folks, one more time, I'm gonna ask:
Is it nearly time for that New Continental Congress yet...?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What in the actual hell.

Townhall.com
@townhallcom

Pure horse shit.

The fighting in Syria is (ultimately) going on to keep a major Natural Gas pipeline from taking gas from the Persian Gulf to Europe. (Sometimes there is a Russian under the bed).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
roamerBidens utopia is here, all hail the  new Caesar  who promises everything, denys everything, and ushers in the Woke utopias crisises.
All it took was the last Presidential election, now the new remedies to our problems-more of the crap advice we received during the last Pres election, by the very same snakeoil salesman. :smokin: :media: :media: :media: 11513
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions