Author Topic: Eyeing majority, House GOP mulls election investigations  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eyeing majority, House GOP mulls election investigations
« on: July 19, 2022, 12:55:55 pm »
 Eyeing majority, House GOP mulls election investigations
by Emily Brooks - 07/19/22 6:00 AM ET

House Republicans planning to take control of the chamber in this year’s midterms are weighing how much of a priority to make examining election systems and laws.

Some conservatives, particularly the most vocal of Trump supporters, are pointing to perceived issues in the 2020 election that they think deserve attention. 

But GOP leaders are already set to spend considerable time and energy on an avalanche of planned investigations and probes on other issues, and some in the party are wary of relitigating 2020 election fraud claims rather than conducting general election oversight.

Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) led a letter signed by 10 other Republicans last week to House Oversight and Reform Committee Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) asking for hearings to “investigate the potential illegal activities revealed in the documentary film 2000 Mules.” 

The film, produced by conservative commentator Dinesh D’Souza, examines whether thousands of “mules” were paid to stuff drop boxes with ballots, pointing to surveillance video and cellphone location tracking data. Numerous fact-checkers have said that the film does not show definitive evidence of widespread voter fraud, and former Attorney General William Barr told the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot that he was “unimpressed” with the movie.

D’Souza, however, was encouraged by Biggs’s letter, calling it an indication of Republican priorities next year.

“The GOP moves slowly, but it’s moving now,” he tweeted in response to the letter. “Wait and see what happens after the midterms when we take the House!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/3564919-eyeing-majority-house-gop-mulls-election-investigations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Eyeing majority, House GOP mulls election investigations
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 05:47:14 pm »
The GOP needs new leadership to start if they win back the house or senate. McConnell and McCarthy need to be told to sit down and STFU. Same goes for the rest of the RINO old guard. GOP needs some young blood to take over.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 06:03:10 pm »
What the hell will investigations accomplish?  What did Benghazi get us?  What did Hillary's e-mail server get us? 

I want America First, and Foremost policies, such as those of Theodore Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan.

I don't want a GOP wet noodle theater company production of Scooby-Doo Mysteries wasting time as China gets stronger, and strategically asserts itself globaly.  All thanks to American Chamber of Commerce Globalist love of slave labor.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 06:03:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 06:05:04 pm »
What the hell will investigations accomplish?  What did Benghazi get us?  What did Hillary's e-mail server get us? 

I want America First, and Foremost policies, such as those of Theodore Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan.

I don't want a GOP wet noodle theater company production of Scooby-Doo Mysteries wasting time as China gets stronger, and asserts itself strategically around the World.  All thanks to American Chamber of Commerce Globalist love of slave labor.

Nothing! Other than to make weak minded people think they are actually doing something.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 07:18:57 pm »

I don't want a GOP wet noodle theater company production of Scooby-Doo Mysteries wasting time as China gets stronger, and strategically asserts itself globaly.  All thanks to American Chamber of Commerce Globalist love of slave labor.

:yowsa: