Author Topic: Markey: We Want Biden to Ban Further Drilling on Public Lands, Declare Climate Emergency  (Read 410 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Markey: We Want Biden to Ban Further Drilling on Public Lands, Declare Climate Emergency

Ian Hanchett 18 Jul 2022

On Monday’s broadcast of NBC’s “MTP Now,” Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA) said that Democrats want the Biden administration, “and they’re saying they’re going to do that, to use executive action to deal with the climate crisis, to use, potentially, the Defense Production Act, stopping any additional drilling on public lands in our country.” Markey also stated that he would like the administration to “declare a climate emergency” while also still pushing for a reconciliation bill on climate that can pass Congress with only Democratic votes.

Markey stated, “We have to pass prescription drugs. We have to pass the healthcare subsidies. We have to get that done. But we shouldn’t walk away from climate. We want the White House, and they’re saying they’re going to do that, to use executive action to deal with the climate crisis, to use, potentially, the Defense Production Act, stopping any additional drilling on public lands in our country. I would actually declare a climate emergency. But to also not give up on the congressional process because this other reconciliation bill still sits there as a vehicle, that, with a Democrat-only solution, we could put it on the president’s desk.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/18/markey-we-want-biden-to-ban-further-drilling-on-public-lands-declare-climate-emergency/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Americans need to brace themselves for some very hard times ahead. They know it’s bad but I don’t think they fully grasp how bad it’s going to get with these people in charge
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is insanity. Not just a self-inflicted wound, but suicide.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

When diesel and No. 2 Home Heating oil were $5.76/gallon in May, I requested they fill the tank.  We needed oil, but not a full tank to get through Summer.  My reasoning was that we may have home heating oil shortages or disruptions in the Fall, so, I wanted the oil put in the tank while it was still available.  God knows what this Fall will bring.

Massachusetts Home Heating Fuels Prices
Retail Heating Oil Prices
Monthly Fuel Surveys
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/massachusetts-home-heating-fuels-prices
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Killer Clouds

WTF is a climate emergency?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This must be the Global Climate Change Limousine Liberal Moonbat reaction to falling fuel prices.

I think the emergency is that fuel prices are actually falling, and they want them to go up again.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright