Author Topic: 30 Super Carry Approved By SAAMI  (Read 700 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
30 Super Carry Approved By SAAMI
« on: July 19, 2022, 11:38:40 am »
American Rifleman by Guy J. Sagi July 14, 2022

The 30 Super Carry cartridge, introduced by Federal Premium early this year, has been accepted for standardization by the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute (SAAMI). The figures and mechanical drawings, which have already been published [PDF], include a maximum average pressure of 52,000 psi, and velocities for 100- and 115-grain bullets at 1,250 fps and 1,150 fps, respectively.

Enthusiasts learned about the new cartridge a few days before the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show in January. American Rifleman carried the news, explaining, “The 30 Super Carry is loaded with a 0.312" projectile, smaller in diameter than the popular 9 mm Luger and .380 ACP. Because of this reduced size, double-stack pistol magazines built to accommodate 9 mm Luger cartridges can carry two more rounds of 30 Super Carry in the same space, giving handgunners more rounds without needing more space. Single-stack magazines gain an extra round over 9 mm Luger.”

Justin Dyal tested the cartridge’s performance from a Nighthawk Custom a few weeks later. “Federal’s goal was to close the substantial gap between .380 ACP and 9 mm Luger—both of which feature 0.355"-diameter bullets,” he wrote. “But, at the risk of giving away the ending up front, the Super Carry nearly meets the terminal performance of best-in-class, standard-pressure 9 mm Luger loads while dramatically outperforming similar .380 ACP loads.”

More: https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/30-super-carry-approved-by-saami/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: 30 Super Carry Approved By SAAMI
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 11:44:08 am »
7.62x25 Tokarev - The Original 30 Super Carry

KFW

I like to refer to the 7.62X25 as the 30 Auto Super Magnum. It was the original 30 Super Carry.
****All Shooting done on Private and Safe Range****
Thanks for Watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSHg4gtY0M

I really enjoy shooting the 7.62x25 in my CZ-52