Author Topic: VIDEO: I Went Into SHOCK When I Saw My Local Newspaper  (Read 844 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
VIDEO: I Went Into SHOCK When I Saw My Local Newspaper
« on: July 18, 2022, 10:47:53 pm »
I really haven't paid much attention to print edition newspapers for years but today when I went into a Walgreens I decided to take a quick look at the lone newspaper I saw on the rack and was SHOCKED by what I saw. Is this also the situation with your local newspaper? Are they as THIN and EXPENSIVE as the Sun-Sentinel? Let me know in your comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3vB96fpyGI
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline Idiot

Re: VIDEO: I Went Into SHOCK When I Saw My Local Newspaper
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 03:21:28 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3vB96fpyGI
I quit taking our local newspaper years ago.  It was purchased by the same company that owns USA Today.  They may have 2 local stories per edition and the rest are national stories picked up from USA Today.  The only reason to even take the paper is for the obits.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 03:39:33 pm »
No secret print media is dying. 

Sad, because, archival experts have stated that the ability to perpetuate records electronically for long periods of time will be near zero.

A 1000 years from now, the future will know more about 1920 than 2020.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 04:20:26 pm »
I quit taking our local newspaper years ago.  It was purchased by the same company that owns USA Today.  They may have 2 local stories per edition and the rest are national stories picked up from USA Today.  The only reason to even take the paper is for the obits.

Much the same story here.  Our "local" newspaper (cough, cough) is owned by a large corporation that owns hundreds of "local" papers, a subscription is expensive, and what you read in it is ads and yesterday's news. Local content only rarely.  I canceled my subscription years ago as well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 04:24:55 pm »
Much the same story here.  Our "local" newspaper (cough, cough) is owned by a large corporation that owns hundreds of "local" papers, a subscription is expensive, and what you read in it is ads and yesterday's news. Local content only rarely.  I canceled my subscription years ago as well.
You got "yesterday's news" right. even local events are not announced in advance, only as a retrospective. After being misquoted twice and having a letter to the editor edited to say what I did not, I refuse to even buy a copy off the rack, much less subscribe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 04:39:17 pm »
You got "yesterday's news" right. even local events are not announced in advance, only as a retrospective. After being misquoted twice and having a letter to the editor edited to say what I did not, I refuse to even buy a copy off the rack, much less subscribe.

I went to war with the editor of our local rag over that kind of s&^t back in the early 90s.  Got her fired in fact, but it was all to no avail in the end.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 04:49:00 pm »
Fo Fitty for a Monday paper?  Are you shitting me??
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 05:07:47 pm »
our main paper is much as y'all describe... In fact, any of the main papers... Daily Interlake, Missoulian (Missoula),  or Spokesman Review (Spokane) are all liberal rags owned by other liberal rags.

But we have a couple decent local papers that still have some journalistic pluck... Those being the Flathead Beacon and the Hungry Horse News. I hit the Beacon's site nearly every day.