Author Topic: White House denies double standard as officials take victory lap on sinking gasoline prices  (Read 525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 18, 2022 5:21pm EDT
White House denies double standard as officials take victory lap on sinking gasoline prices
Officials claim Biden has worked tirelessly to combat rising prices caused by invasion of Ukraine
By Haris Alic | Fox News

The White House denied on Monday that it was deploying a double standard when it comes to gasoline prices.

Jared Bernstein, a senior economic adviser, was asked during the White House press conference whether it was fair for administration officials to take credit for decreasing gasoline prices after spending months blaming Russia for their rise.

"I think there is no ‘both ways’ thinking here at all," said Bernstein. "I very much disagree with that framing."

"It's one of the fastest declines in retail gas prices in a decade," said Bernstein.

Bernstein said the White House and President Biden were working "tirelessly" to address rising inflation, especially when it came to the gasoline market.

"He put his head down and got to work, and got us to work, to do everything we could to achieve that goal," said Bernstein.

The White House noted that gasoline prices had dropped nearly 50 cents per gallon over the last thirty days. Officials say the drop is the result of Biden's decision to tap the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and engage U.S. allies to pump more oil.

"It's one of the fastest declines in retail gas prices in a decade," said Bernstein.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-denies-double-standard-officials-take-victory-lap-sinking-gasoline-prices
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Who is this Bozo?
 Gas prices are down because people have admitted to changing their summer driving plans due to high prices and speculators see a recession in the near future

This is like the .16cent savings on hot dogs  they were bragging about last 4th of July
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The really believe they had something to do with it?

Maybe I need to dust off my oceanfront property in Arizona....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The really believe they had something to do with it?

Maybe I need to dust off my oceanfront property in Arizona....

Now is the time to sell!
Support the USO

Offline Killer Clouds

Yeah well they need to drop gas prices close to another $3.00 a gallon to get it where it was before Traitor Joe screwed things up.

Offline libertybele

Yadda yadda yadda, nothing  but b.s. from the WH.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.