Author Topic: Biden’s Plan To ‘Embarrass’ Saudi Arabia Into Getting Green-Pilled Totally Backfired  (Read 564 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s Plan To ‘Embarrass’ Saudi Arabia Into Getting Green-Pilled Totally Backfired

Micaela Burrow
Contributor
July 18, 2022 1:16 PM ET
Font Size:

President Joe Biden has been quietly working to encourage Saudi Arabia to adopt climate friendly policies, according to Politico.
    Meanwhile, Biden failed to achieve a new commitment from Saudi Arabia to increase oil production, offsetting high global energy prices.
    “Prince [Mohammed’s] statement expresses American’s own interests much better than President Biden’s various statements,” Myron Ebell, director at the Center for Energy & Environment at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, told the DCNF. “I see no reason from the Saudi monarchy’s perspective to increase production or to play a more positive role in UN climate negotiations.”

President Joe Biden’s strategy to coax Saudi Arabia into embracing climate-friendly policies backfired during his visit to the region Friday and Saturday.

Biden failed to extract a clear commitment to increase oil production from Saudi Arabia on Friday after Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, the kingdom’s de facto ruler, criticized Biden’s green energy policies at a U.S.-Arab summit Saturday, according to commodities analysis and news firm Argus. At the same time, the Biden administration has reportedly escalated pressure on Saudi Arabia to decrease carbon emissions and transition to greener forms of energy, according to Politico.

Biden’s strategy is to “embarrass” Saudi Arabia into becoming tougher on climate, Natural Resources Defense Council Senior Strategic Director of International Climate Jake Schmidt told Politico on Friday.

“Adopting unrealistic policies to reduce emissions by excluding main sources of energy will lead in coming years to unprecedented inflation and an increase in energy prices, and rising unemployment and a worsening of serious social and security problems,” Prince Mohammed said Saturday, Argus reported.

“The Saudis, like other OPEC and OPEC+ producers, have been arguing that while yes, climate change is a very real issue and changes do need to be made, you cannot abandon hydrocarbons overnight,” Nader Itayim, Mideast Gulf editor at Argus, explained to the DCNF.

John Kerry, Biden’s special envoy for climate, reportedly made several trips to the United Arab Emirates and Qatar in 2021 to work on climate arrangements as a way to put pressure on Saudi Arabia, according to Politico.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/18/biden-embarrass-saudi-arabia-clean-energy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Again, why is oil from Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, or the United Arab Emirates more virtuous than oil from Texas, North Dakota, or the Gulf of Mexico?

Is it because Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and the United Arab Emirates are not GOP Red States?

Could it be, the Global Climate Change agenda is just a partisan liberal democrat plan to destroy the economies of predominately GOP Red States?  And they were so willfully stupid that they didn't stop to think it would backfire on them in Dem Blue States and Swing Purple States?

Why else is OPEC oil good, and American oil is bad?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Trying to get the Saudi's to getting green pilled, is like doing that to me, an oil company annutiant and stock holder.

Why should I give up part of my livelyhood for your silly ideas and scams.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Pedo Joe is old enough to remember the early '70's and how the intially forming of OPEC and first embargo that almost brought this country to a halt with what amounted to carefully structured price fixing and distribution.

Shit, DC has short memories.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
We truly have the dumbest of the dumb running this country.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

We truly have the dumbest of the dumb running this country.

Oh, they know exactly what they're doing; destroying our Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Again, why is oil from Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, or the United Arab Emirates more virtuous than oil from Texas, North Dakota, or the Gulf of Mexico?

Is it because Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and the United Arab Emirates are not GOP Red States?

Could it be, the Global Climate Change agenda is just a partisan liberal democrat plan to destroy the economies of predominately GOP Red States?  And they were so willfully stupid that they didn't stop to think it would backfire on them in Dem Blue States and Swing Purple States?

Also, they have a goal to be carbon free by 2030 something or 2050, I don't recall which, and drilling for our own carbon based fuels puts that in jeopardy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

Pedo Joe is old enough to remember the early '70's and how the intially forming of OPEC and first embargo that almost brought this country to a halt with what amounted to carefully structured price fixing and distribution.

Shit, DC has short memories.
Traitor Joe doesn't remember what he had for breakfast.  The Saudi Prince gave Traitor Joe the proverbial finger. Traitor Joe is too stupid to realize that is what was going to happen from the very beginning. You can't insult someone then expect them to grant you a favor.