Author Topic: LGBT Activists Push to Bar Anthropologists from Identifying Human Remains as ‘Male’ or ‘Female’  (Read 1253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LGBT Activists Push to Bar Anthropologists from Identifying Human Remains as ‘Male’ or ‘Female’

Alana Mastrangelo 18 Jul 2022

LGBT activists are pushing to bar anthropologists from identifying human remains as “male” or “female,” arguing that scientists cannot know how an ancient individuals identified themselves.

Canadian Master’s degree candidate Emma Palladino took to Twitter earlier this month to point out that transgender individuals “can’t escape” their sex, not because it’s physically impossible to change one’s sex, but because archaeologists who find their bones one day “will assign you the same gender as you had at birth.”

“My trans+non-binary friends: You might know the argument that the archaeologists who find your bones one day will assign you the same gender as you had at birth, so regardless of whether you transition, you can’t escape your assigned sex,” Palladino wrote in a tweet, which has since garnered over 10,000 retweets, and more than 59,000 likes.

https://twitter.com/EmmaPalladino/status/1543800316352667648

In a follow-up tweet, Palladino said, “gender + queer archaeologists and scholars have been working for decades to unpack assumptions that archaeologists make about gender and identity, both today and in the past.”

“No field is perfect, and there’s absolutely more work to be done, but by and large, archaeologists are acutely aware of how culturally and spatially relative the concepts of sex, gender, and identity are,” she added.

Palladino, who believes that assigning biological sex to ancient human remains is “bullshit,” added that “labeling remains ‘male’ or ‘female’ is rarely the end goal of any excavation, anyway.”

“The ‘bioarchaeology of the individual’ is what we aim for, factoring in absolutely everything we discover about a person into a nuanced and open-ended biography of their life,” she argued.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/07/18/lgbt-activists-push-to-bar-anthropologists-from-identifying-human-remains-as-male-or-female/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I find her POV to be "bullshit" as well...makes us even then.  :smokin:

I seriously doubt archaeologists are going to be digging up coffins/graves...so who G.A.S.?

What a bunch of insane nonsense.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I thought people went to Sweden, Brazil, and South Korea to get operations to escape their sex.

How about buoys and gulls, like you see on restroom doors in nautically themed establishments?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

... so regardless of whether you transition, you can’t escape your assigned sex ...
Oops, an accidental acknowledgment of the truth. You is what you is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Next up, banning the laws of physics, like gravity.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

I am fairly certain that we have a very large segment of society that has way, way too much time on their hands.

Online roamer_1

I am fairly certain that we have a very large segment of society that has way, way too much time on their hands.

A few months on a farm would clear most of this nonsense right up.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

When you thinl about it, why don't the limousine liberal moonbats just pass a law against Global Climate Change so we can go back to increasing domestic energy production?

Why criminalize carbon-dioxide and methane when Global Climate Change is what needs to be banned?  I'm sure the forces of Nature and God will glaldly comply with such a law.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That's what most of the Liberal agenda is about. It is intended to make useless bored wealthy White Liberals feel like they are 'making a difference'. The entire American Liberal agenda is a menu of First World rich White American issues. Nobody else has the time or the willingness to worry about all of their trivial crap. When you are worried about taking care of your family, and wondering where your next meal will come from, "pronouns" have no relevance. All the crap Liberals worry about is only relevant to rich White trust-fund gender-studies majors with too much time on their hands. Lately, they seem to be trying to erase women, and the very idea of womanhood, from current society and from history.

BTW: Once the anthropologists discover another female warrior queen, these so called 'activists' will talk about nothing else forever. See! Women were powerful back then!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

Anthropology used to be about how people groups lived, their cultures, and groups' mutually influencing interactions. So if gender and ancestry are not part of analyzing human remains and surrounding information, that kind of ignores division of labor and various cultural roles and whether a cultural innovation was indigenous or due to interaction with another people group (and what the nature of that interaction was).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.