Author Topic: Hispanic and Working Class Voters Are Both Fleeing From Progressives  (Read 236 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hispanic and Working Class Voters Are Both Fleeing From Progressives
By Joe Cunningham | Jul 18, 2022 9:00 AM ET

New data is showing that working-class voters and Hispanic voters are polling nearly identically on progressive issues. And not in the Democrats’ favor.

Ruy Teixeira announced he is leaving the Center for American Progress and is heading over to the American Enterprise Institute.

Teixeira, whose role in the Beltway scrum often involved arguing against calls to move right on economic issues, insists his own policy views haven’t changed — but says the current cultural milieu of progressive organizations “sends me running screaming from the left.”

“My perspective is, the single most important thing to focus on in the social system is the economic system,” he tells me. “It’s class.” We’re sitting in AEI’s elegantly furnished library. Down the hall, there’s a boisterous event celebrating the conservative intellectual Harvey Mansfield. William Kristol, clad in a suit, has just left the room. Teixeira’s untucked shirt and sneakers aren’t the only thing that seems out of place. “I’m just a social democrat, man. Trying to make the world a better place.”

Teixeira has been one of the progressives raising the alarm for Democrats, trying to get them to realize that their push into far-left and out-of-touch social territory is hurting them badly not just ahead of the midterms, but in future elections as well. While it sounds odd to see Teixeira joining AEI, it goes to show that right-leaning organizations are more open-minded and open to ideas than progressive ones.

Teixeira, in a column written for The Liberal Patriot on Substack, is pointing to some data that spells nothing short of doom for the Democrats in November and beyond. In looking at a recent poll, Teixeira notes that “strong progressives” are largely white, college-educated voters, and their views are drastically different from working class and Hispanic voters in virtually every demographic category.

more
https://redstate.com/joesquire/2022/07/18/hispanic-and-working-class-voters-are-both-fleeing-from-progressives-n596949
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Hispanic and Working Class Voters Are Both Fleeing From Progressives
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 01:52:11 pm »
Progressives don't care about people who MUST work to support themselves and their families.

Progressives are always solving problems that don't exist while ignoring the problems that do exist.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Hispanic and Working Class Voters Are Both Fleeing From Progressives
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 01:58:48 pm »
Texas Democrats held their state convention this past weekend and, I'm told, could not get enough delegates together to pass a party platform.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien