Author Topic: Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress for ignoring January 6 hearing subpoena  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The DOJ has set a clear precedent in the Steve Bannon case they cannot escape under a Republican majority. Barack Obama is now a private citizen advising Joe Biden, he better be prepared to be deposed or go to prison under the "Garland Standard" set today.— Rep. Mary Miller (@RepMaryMiller) July 22, 2022

"DERSH: Very likely the Bannon conviction gets reversed"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1550829871177383939

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon Goes Off In Post Verdict Presser: ‘Gutless … Show Trial Committee’

Former White House official Steve Bannon tore into the “gutless” January 6 Select Committee for not testifying during his trial Friday.

A Washington, D.C., jury convicted Bannon in two charges of contempt of Congress for ignoring a subpoena from the January 6 Select Committee.

“I want to thank the jury for the effort they did, the judge, particularly the court administration here, everybody,” Bannon told reporters. “I only have one disappointment and that is the gutless members of that show trial committee, the J6 committee, didn’t have the guts to come down here and testify in open court.”

more w/video
https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/22/bannon-post-verdict-presser-gutless-show-trial-committee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bannon tells Tucker he’s not afraid of jail, it’s time for war as reactions pour in over conviction by D.C. jury

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Greg Price
@greg_price11

If you're a conservative being brought up on any charge in Washington DC, you're fu*ked. If you're a liberal who falsifies FISA documents, lies to the FBI, or traffics Russian prostitutes, you get let off by a jury of your donors. That's how justice in our nation's Capitol works.

3:04 PM · Jul 22, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 05:39:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am going to post a note here I received this morning from a January Sixther. I will post it without comment. Feel free to read it and then come to your own conclusions:
"I listen to your podcast and I follow @julie_kellyz. It’s every bit as bad as she describes. I am a husband and father who has zero criminal history…. And I am looking at years in prison AFTER I took a plea.
"You may ask why would people take a plea if they are innocent? Innocent has nothing to do with this as my lawyer has told over and over again. This is payback. There are only a handful of representatives in DC that care about us. The vast majority couldn’t care less.
"They secretly despise Trump and anyone on the 6th as well. The DOJ knows this. There will be no reform of this government. There will be no going back. All there is now is the path ahead. But that path will never lead back to the country we once were.
"I watched for 4 years as our government that I pay taxes for, try to impeach and even oust our president with sheer impunity. Hillary’s smearing stunt morphed into a coup that lasted Trumps entire term. Then I watched the election get stolen from the American people.
"So I went to DC to support the way I thought best. I wasn’t violent, I didn’t break anything, I didn’t steal anything and that doesn’t matter. I lost my 6 figure income, friends, and my family is a wreck. I had the FBI in my home, I was brought before a judge in shackles.
"And I am a lucky one. I got to remain free till sentencing. So this is the country that I now live in. Where the powerful few can attack an elected president attempting to removing him for 4 years and where elections no longer matter.
"We are no longer free. And this country WAS taken without firing a single shot. Guns are meaningless at this point. It was the First Amendment that people should have been fighting for the most.
"I am now barely making a living doing manual labor for just over minimum wage until my sentencing is over. I was threatened with 20 years in prison, something only murderers face. We couldn’t change the venue and none of the motions to dismiss were accepted.
"So, at the pleading of my wife, the extreme bias of DC and it’s “jury pool of my peers” and advice from my lawyer, I destroyed a part of me and signed a paper full of exaggerations, lies and more importantly a narrative that fits what they want.
"I am a Christian and somehow I feel damned. I lied to save my family. My pastor tells me about rehab but it doesn’t help. I don’t look at myself in the mirror anymore. A part of me is dead now. I now wake up longing for the Lord to take me.
"January 6th was a dark day. There was violence by some, that’s reprehensible. No one should have broken anything or stolen anything or hurt anyone. Having said that, January 6th should be remembered as the last outburst from people who were sick of the coups against Trump...
"The lies about Russia gate, the double standard of the Bidens and how they obtained their wealth compared to the treatment of Trump, the double standard of BLM rioters and everyone else...
"The forced LGBTQ pumped into our children minds at school while trying to shut out God at every corner, the endless wars, the celebrations of abortions, the government spending that has put children not even born into life long debt, the list goes on…
"This was the last cry out for the death of a nation. I don’t know what’s going to happen to my family while I’m gone for years. My wife has depended on me our whole marriage. She is the only woman I have ever been with, the only woman I have ever loved.
"I hope she and my kids can make it without me. I am a J6er and I am going to prison."

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1534161244407713792.html
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 05:35:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

"So, at the pleading of my wife, the extreme bias of DC and it’s “jury pool of my peers” and advice from my lawyer, I destroyed a part of me and signed a paper full of exaggerations, lies and more importantly a narrative that fits what they want.

I could not do that.  Ever.  Been hard-headed my whole life.  Even if they offered me no jail time (which these fascists are not offering), I still couldn't admit guilt to something I was not guilty of.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

J.D. Vance Reminds Democrats About Eric Holder, Warns Pelosi Is “Playing With Fire”

by JD Rucker  July 23, 2022 in Opinions

Ten years ago, the Department of Justice decided not to indict Eric Holder for ignoring a congressional subpoena. Yesterday, Steve Bannon was found guilty of the same charges. But as Trump-backed Senate candidate J.D. Vance noted on Twitter, the Democrats are playing with fire. If they really want to open the door to congressional subpoenas having real consequences, they’re going to learn to regret it.

According to Vance:

The DOJ didn’t indict Eric Holder when he ignored a congressional subpoena, but did to Steve Bannon. His real crime is that he consistently calls out the globalization that has hollowed out American industry and attacked American culture. Nancy Pelosi is playing with fire here.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2022/07/23/j-d-vance-reminds-democrats-about-eric-holder-warns-pelosi-is-playing-with-fire/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.