Author Topic: Former Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Calls to Abolish Department of Education  (Read 577 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos Calls to Abolish Department of Education

Paul Bois 17 Jul 2022

Betsy DeVos, who served as the U.S. Secretary of Education under former President Donald Trump, has called for the abolishment of the Department of Education.

Speaking at the “Moms for Liberty” summit, DeVos said the federal government should be removed from education, leaving it to state and local governments.

“I personally think the Department of Education should not exist,” said DeVos, prompting a loud standing ovation from members of the audience, according to Florida Phoenix.

Though DeVos acknowledged the good that teachers serve, including those in attendance at the summit, she blasted teachers unions as a “K-12 cartel.”

The summit largely focused on how conservatives could win majorities in local school board elections with an aim to empower parental rights. The group “Moms for Liberty” sprung about in Florida during the pandemic in opposition to children being forced to mask in schools. As the summit unfolded, various speakers instructed participants on how to select and promote conservatives in local school board elections while other workshops instructed parents on legal strategies when battling far-left agendas like “gender ideology, in our schools,” “social and emotional learning” and “restorative justice.”

During her tenure with the Trump administration, DeVos supported school choice but sparked criticism when she unveiled a federalized school choice plan, which opponents felt defeated the purpose of school choice.

“It’s wonderful that the Administration wants to advance school choice but a nationwide federal tax-credit scholarship program is the wrong way to do it,” said Lindsey Burke, director of the Heritage Foundation’s Center for Education Policy. “This could open the door for further education regulations down the road that neutralize the advantages of private education as well as impede future tax reform efforts.”

“Future administrations could use a federal tax-credit scholarship to require that schools adhere to certain admissions and accountability policies,” she added. “That would mean the federal government could further dictate testing, reporting, academic content, and even bathroom policies for all schools involved.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/17/former-trump-education-secretary-betsy-devos-abolish-department-education/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... been a conservative tenet since Department of Education was first established during the Carter Administration in 1979.  America has been getting progressively dumber, ever since.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 :yowsa:  The department of Education and several more need to be gone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

:yowsa:  The department of Education and several more need to be gone!

That's right.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
.@libbyemmons tells @JackPosobiec in Dr. Birx New book it says she was hiding the data to achieve lockdowns. There wasn’t enough domestic data so they was using data from Italy, South Korea, and China. pic.twitter.com/XJAPHA3lvy— The Dirty Truth (Josh) (@AKA_RealDirty) July 18, 2022

Crime of the century!

And no one is going to do a damned thing about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien