Author Topic: LIVE: 4 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Greenwood Park Mall; Good Samaritan shot and killed shooter  (Read 3967 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
40-50 yards with a handgun.  Very nice shooting!

Indeed it is!

That kid should never have to pay for a meal in that food court for the rest of his life.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 :beer:
Not everyone is happy with the person who stopped the shooter from killing more people:

https://twitter.com/kollarjustin/status/1548832235905863680
I guess this moron thinks the 'Good Samaritan' should have only shot to wound the bad guy, or better yet just done nothing while the bad guy continued to kill people until a cop, you know a professional with a gun that liberal asses like this guy say are the only ones that should have guns finally got there.
I wonder if this moron or his family were in the food court when this went down, would he still whine about the murderous little bastard being killed or a 'Good Samaritan' saving their lives? Yeah he probably would, sheep always do.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well the question of whether the kid could carry or not in the mall seems to have been answered.

The police in Indiana noted that the man who took down the shooter was “lawfully armed.” This, by definition, means that he was eligible under the law. (The mall in question is a “gun-free zone,” but, in Indiana, gun-free zone signs do not have force of law, which means that it is not a crime to ignore them per se, but only to refuse to leave when asked by the owners.)

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/in-indiana-gun-controllers-miss-the-point/

Now the anti 2A types and go pound sand.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:10:22 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Kamaji

Well the question of whether the kid could carry or not in the mall seems to have been answered.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/in-indiana-gun-controllers-miss-the-point/

Now the anti 2A types and go pound sand.

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Head of gun control group slams ‘myth’ of ‘good guy with a gun’, refers to Indiana hero as ‘vigilante’
July 19, 2022 | Frank Webster

The woefully detached-from-reality president of the gun control group Brady: United Against Gun Violence referred to the man who took down the shooter at a mall in Greenwood, Indiana as a “vigilante” on Monday.

A day after 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken killed 20-year-old Jonathan Douglas Sapirman, Kris Brown posted on her organization’s Twitter account, “Here’s what we’re not going to do: continue to uplift the NRA myth of a ‘good guy with a gun.’ Let me be clear: If more guns made us safer, America would be the safest country in the WORLD. We need sensible gun laws, not vigilante safety nets. #GreenwoodMall #GunReformNow”

Dicken was in the food court when the would-be mass shooter opened fire on mallgoers. Dicken responded with his legally-carried pistol and took him down for good. Sapirmen killed three people and injured two others, according to Greenwood, Indiana Police Chief James Ison, who also said that more people would surely have died were it not for Dicken engaging the shooter.

Mark Wright, an employee in the food court told Fox 59 at the time, “As soon as we heard shots start popping off, there was at least 25-30, my guys all hit the deck.”

“It was a scary situation, I’ve got some new kids working and they were kinda traumatized by it. I never expected this here at this mall,” he added.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/07/19/head-of-gun-control-group-slams-myth-of-good-guy-with-a-gun-refers-to-indiana-hero-as-vigilante-1263463/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

If more guns made us safer, America would be the safest country in the WORLD

Switzerland and Israel.

Offline Idiot

Offline mountaineer

Head of gun control group slams ‘myth’ of ‘good guy with a gun’, refers to Indiana hero as ‘vigilante’
Just as these anti-gun nuts don't know what an "assault weapon" is, they have no clue as to what a vigilante is. They seem to believe young Dicken went to the mall with the purpose and hope of finding someone to shoot. They are unable to grasp that being "vigilant" means only that he had his gun with him just in case something happened and that he might help someone.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He broke the law!’: Harpies on The View attack good Samaritan who took down IN shooter
July 20, 2022 | Todd Jaquith

Elisjsha Dicken, the 22-year-old who saved countless lives on Sunday after neutralizing a mass shooter with his handgun, is by all sane measures a true hero in a country that desperately needs one.

But since his heroic actions contradict the carefully-cultivated left-wing narrative, a number of prominent voices have immediately risen up to demonize the young man. Case in point: the majority of the hosts on ABC’s “The View,” whose considered opinion is that Dicken just got “very lucky,” and was probably as bad as the mass shooter since he “broke the law” when he carried his gun into the mall.

It all started, naturally, with co-host Joy Behar, a noted voice of wisdom in modern America. Behar attempted to make the point that good guys with guns cannot stop bad guys with guns. Tell that to the boys who stormed the beaches of Normandy.

“They say that a good guy with a gun can control a bad guy with a gun. Well, we saw in Uvalde that that’s not true,” Behar proclaimed. Whoopi Goldberg agreed, noting the Buffalo shooting as another instance.

Lindsey Granger, the show’s token Republican, rose to the occasion and noted the obvious: “But we saw that it is true in Indiana.”

“It was true in Indiana,” Behar rejoined. “That was a lucky moment.” A few more “lucky moments” like that and mass shooters just might think twice before embarking on a shooting spree. Later in the show, co-host Sunny Hostin also claimed that Dicken was just lucky, and slandered him by suggesting he was breaking the law by carrying his gun into the mall.

“But with this good Samaritan thing,” she explained, “listen, I was trained, when I was at the Justice Department, in firearms. And I was trained in defensive firearm training. It is very hard to hit a moving target. It is hard for people that are trained to hit a moving target. It is very lucky that that good Samaritan hit that moving target in that way.”

“He had a gun permit but he wasn’t supposed to be in the mall with a gun,” Hostin insisted. “So he broke the law, even though he was a good Samaritan.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/07/20/he-broke-the-law-harpies-on-the-view-attack-good-samaritan-who-took-down-in-shooter-1263750/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

he “broke the law” when he carried his gun into the mall.
I don't think so, but am sure Whoopi, et al., can provide a citation to the precise law he allegedly violated. We'll wait.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Does the Supreme Court ruling supersede any signage that might be on the mall property?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

Apparently he did not break the law when he entered the mall with his firearm, at least not in Indiana.  I believe that @txradioguy had a post on precisely that issue someplace else.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He broke the law!’: Harpies on The View attack good Samaritan who took down IN shooter
July 20, 2022 | Todd Jaquith

“They say that a good guy with a gun can control a bad guy with a gun. Well, we saw in Uvalde that that’s not true,” Behar proclaimed. Whoopi Goldberg agreed, noting the Buffalo shooting as another instance.

@mystery-ak

I remember very well a magazine article about Whoopie when she first became famous back in the 60's or early 70's,and there were a bunch of photos taken of her in the farm house out in the country somewhere (maybe Pa?) that she owned at the time,and maybe still owns.

In one photo where she is sitting at the kitchen table,you can clearly see a shotgun leaning up in a corner.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Does the Supreme Court ruling supersede any signage that might be on the mall property?   :shrug:

@DCPatriot not sure about the SCOTUS ruling...but Indiana law supersedes the malls sign at the entrance.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Apparently he did not break the law when he entered the mall with his firearm, at least not in Indiana.  I believe that @txradioguy had a post on precisely that issue someplace else.

In our concealed carry classes in Kentucky those signs that say no guns because of "mall policy" or a sign with a gun and the red line through it aren't legally enforceable.

Indiana law says the same thing.

Now if security or someone from the mall management asks you to leave or secure your weapon in your car you have to comply and if you refuse then the cops can get involved.

Unless there is a state penal law posted at the entrance...similar to what they do in Texas...then you can carry concealed regardless of what the mall wants you to do.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

So when is Biden going to give Elisjsha Dicken the Presidential Medal of Freedom for saving all those people in the mall?

9:12 AM · Jul 21, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

The safest place in America is near a Republican who is armed.

9:53 AM · Jul 21, 2022·Twitter Web App

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

So when is Biden going to give Elisjsha Dicken the Presidential Medal of Freedom for saving all those people in the mall?

9:12 AM · Jul 21, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
On the twelfth of never.

Offline American Girl

On Sunday, a deranged murderer was stopped by Eli Dicken within 15 seconds.

Fortunately, Eli was carrying a concealed handgun.

More lives would have been lost if it wasn’t for Eli’s heroics.

But I didn't know how great was his shoot until now!!!
#elidicken #indiana #gun #shooter

https://www.rightjournalism.com/weve-made-a-rendering-of-the-40-yard-shot-that-took-down-the-indiana-mall-shooter-this-guy-is-jason-freaking-bourne-photos/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Next time on the range, I'm going to try shooting from a lot farther away!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Next time on the range, I'm going to try shooting from a lot farther away!

@mountaineer

I hope you are not too surprised when the range Safety Officer tells you to not do that anymore.

They seem to frown on people shooting handguns at distant targets.

Not as much as they frown on simulated combat "rapid fire drills" at close targets,where you empty a 1911A1 before the first empty casing hits the ground,though.

In my defense,this was a 1911A1 that had been completely rebuilt and modified BY me and FOR the loads that I custom loaded to fire in it.

I ain't going to say they were hot,but a standard GI Issue 45ACP ball round would not even cycle my slide enough to jam.

Who says 45 ACP hollow point bullets won't expand?

BTW,a VERY serious tech tip for any new shooters and reloaders planning on loading up ammo hotter than recommended. Do not even THINK about doing this without using virgin QUALITY brass,and after that one firing,each case should be inspected and measured for swelling or cracks,and never loaded with anything but standard loads after that.

We are talking "self-defense loads" here,not target loads.

A little bit of safe is better than all the "sorry" in the world.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 10:34:00 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

At least I can send the target to its farthest point (via the "come along"). Better than nothing!