Author Topic: Breaking Free From China?  (Read 724 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breaking Free From China?
« on: July 17, 2022, 05:55:45 pm »
Powerline 7/17/2022

We have been writing for a long time about the fact that transitioning from fossil fuels to wind and solar energy is catastrophically bad policy, not only because those forms of energy are intermittent and therefore inadequate, but also because China dominates the market for wind turbines and solar panels. Going “green” means turning over our economy–our lives–to the Chinese Communist Party.

This issue has been a dark secret if you rely on liberal news outlets for information, but now a glimmer of reality seems to be breaking through. I haven’t seen this reported domestically, but the Guardian has the story: “Breaking from China’s clean energy dominance ‘imperative’, US and Australia say after new climate tech deal.”

In a joint press conference in Sydney, the US energy secretary, Jennifer Granholm, and the Australian climate change and energy minister, Chris Bowen, announced a “net zero technology acceleration partnership”, including an initial focus on long-duration energy storage and digitising power grids.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/07/breaking-free-from-china.php

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Breaking Free From China?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 09:36:51 pm »
Wishful thinking.
Not gonna happen.
At least, not any time soon, short of a major war (and by "major war", I mean one that's going to be over something more than 'Taiwan'...)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Breaking Free From China?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 04:59:19 pm »
Breaking Free From China?

First we must break free of the Bidens, Clintons, Pelosis and the others being bribed by China.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington