Author Topic: Sanders rips Manchin: 'Sabotaged the president's agenda'  (Read 636 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders rips Manchin: 'Sabotaged the president's agenda'
« on: July 17, 2022, 02:26:56 pm »
Sanders rips Manchin: 'Sabotaged the president's agenda'
by Daniel Chaitin, Deputy News Editor |
 | July 17, 2022 09:48 AM
 | Updated Jul 17, 2022, 10:10 AM

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) blasted his colleague Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) on Sunday, accusing the centrist Democrat of "sabotaging" President Joe Biden's agenda.

The harsh comments came on ABC News's This Week, days after Manchin's reported reversal on tax and climate policies Democrats hoped to pass.

"He has sabotaged the president's agenda," Sanders said of Manchin. "The problem was we continued to talk to Manchin like he was serious," he added later.

Manchin informed Democratic leadership on Thursday that he would not support tax increases on the wealthy or new clean energy spending as part of an economic agenda Democrats hoped to consider this summer, according to the Washington Post.

Manchin said in a radio interview that it was "not prudent" to pass a significant spending bill as inflation is "wreaking havoc" on people across the United States, per the Guardian. "Inflation is absolutely killing many, many people. They can't buy gasoline. They have a hard time buying groceries. Everything they buy and consume for their daily lives is a hardship to them," Manchin said in a clip aired by host Martha Raddatz.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/sanders-rips-manchin-sabotaged-biden-agenda?utm_campaign=article_rail&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=article_rail
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Sanders rips Manchin: 'Sabotaged the president's agenda'
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 02:35:38 pm »
Does anyone know anything about the VT electorate?

I have trouble believing that one sect of our population could be so anti-patriotic that they would install and perpetuate an avowed communist, who is hell bent on destroying the U.S.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2022, 02:37:33 pm »
Since Biden's agenda is profoundly anti-American, it's a good thing someone had the cojones to sabotage it.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 02:43:22 pm »
From the article….

Manchin said in a radio interview that it was "not prudent" to pass a significant spending bill as inflation is "wreaking havoc" on people across the United States, per the Guardian. "Inflation is absolutely killing many, many people. They can't buy gasoline. They have a hard time buying groceries. Everything they buy and consume for their daily lives is a hardship to them," Manchin said in a clip aired by host Martha Raddatz.

People like Sanders aren’t concerned about this

It’s about advancing the agenda. People’s  suffering are just collateral damage in the quest to Utopia as defined by Sanders
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 02:49:02 pm »
From the article….

People like Sanders aren’t concerned about this

It’s about advancing the agenda. People’s  suffering are just collateral damage in the quest to Utopia as defined by Sanders

As angry as this old f'er gets, why won't he do the nation a favor and go ahead and blow a gasket.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 02:51:02 pm »
Also from the article….

"Same nonsense that Manchin has been talking about for a year," Sanders said about Manchin's comments regarding inflation. He added later, "In my humble opinion, you know, Manchin represents the very wealthiest people in this country, not working families in West Virginia or America."

Inflation concerns are nonsense??? I guess Sanders doesn’t know what the current inflation rate is

Sanders is too stupid to realize that many of his policies have been implemented by Biden and the public is experiencing the results
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 02:51:49 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 10:45:58 pm »
catfish remarked:
"Does anyone know anything about the VT electorate?
I have trouble believing that one sect of our population could be so anti-patriotic that they would install and perpetuate an avowed communist, who is hell bent on destroying the U.S."

Vermont is "the leftmost" state in the union. More than Massachusetts, New York, California, or Hawaii.

But it's strange up there. The leftism is super-concentrated into a few influential areas, less so in others. The "old Vermonters" -- who used to be the "Take Back Vermont" folks -- are less in numbers than they used to be, but I suspect many of them have simply "gone underground", keeping things to themselves.

And if you get up into the Northeast Kingdom (one of the most beautiful areas of the country) it's more conservative, as well.

The "cities" are all relatively small, with the exception of Burlington, which is communist (Sanders was mayor there).

It's hard to believe that up until a few years ago, Vermont also had some of the "least restrictive" gun laws in America. Before the term "Constitutional carry" got bandied around, no permit was needed to carry a weapon in Vermont. For years it was the ONLY state that was this way.

I wouldn't mind living in Bennington. I'd just keep my head down...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 04:48:04 am »
What does this mean?

Did he derail the koo-koo train?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!