Author Topic: Joe Biden Risks Impeachment if Democrats Lose Both House and Senate  (Read 472 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Risks Impeachment if Democrats Lose Both House and Senate
By Darragh Roche On 7/16/22 at 7:38 AM EDT

Democrats could be facing major losses in this year's crucial midterm elections as Republicans aim to take back the House of Representatives and the Senate in November.

If President Joe Biden's party loses control of both chambers, he could end up facing impeachment after several Republicans indicated that GOP majorities would move in that direction.

In January, Republican Senator Ted Cruz said there would be "multiple grounds" for impeaching Biden, while in April, Republican Representative Ken Buck told a virtual meeting that the House Judiciary Committee would "hold the hearings to determine whether impeachment is appropriate. We'll vote on impeachment. And then it will be presented to the full House."

A University of Massachusetts Amherst poll published in May found that 68 percent of Republicans and 66 percent of conservatives wanted Biden to be impeached if Republicans take the House, while 53 percent of Republicans believed a GOP-led House would impeach him.

Articles of impeachment can be passed by a simple majority vote in the House but a president can only be removed by a two-thirds majority vote in the Senate. This has never happened and it appears unlikely Republicans will have the necessary number of seats in 2023.

However, former President Donald Trump was impeached twice - in 2020 and 2021 - and on both occasions he was acquitted by the Senate. There is nothing to prevent a Republican-led House voting on articles of impeachment even if there is little chance of conviction.

Political experts who spoke to Newsweek said it was likely Republicans could consider impeachment but they could pay a political price if they attempted it.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-risks-impeachment-democrats-lose-both-house-senate-republicans-1724602
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Joe Biden Risks Impeachment if Democrats Lose Both House and Senate
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 11:25:12 pm »
?

The Senate has nothing to do with impeachment, only removal.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 11:43:07 pm »
So we get Kamalashamalamadingdong?

Hardly an improvement.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 11:44:26 pm »
How do you impeach a vegetable.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 12:13:17 am »
So we get Kamalashamalamadingdong?

Hardly an improvement.

Kamalashamalamadingdong is Joe's safety net.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 12:34:42 am »
I sure hope not. Impeachment MIGHT lead to sympathy for the Dim candidate that replaces him,even in the unlikely case it is the dingbat pretending to be a VP now.

I want Slow Joe in office,with spittle running down his chin and urine running out of his pants leg due to a "Depends failure" as they drug him up and push him out on stage to debate.

I also freely admit that although I never watch debates,you can bet your  bippy that I would watch a debate between him and Trump. That would be funnier than ANYTHING you could watch on Comedy Central.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 12:46:33 am »
I sure hope not. Impeachment MIGHT lead to sympathy for the Dim candidate that replaces him,even in the unlikely case it is the dingbat pretending to be a VP now.

I want Slow Joe in office,with spittle running down his chin and urine running out of his pants leg due to a "Depends failure" as they drug him up and push him out on stage to debate.

I also freely admit that although I never watch debates,you can bet your  bippy that I would watch a debate between him and Trump. That would be funnier than ANYTHING you could watch on Comedy Central.

IF Joe is the DEM nominee (which I doubt) there is no way that he will debate.  He is incapable of thinking on his own.  IMO they've already selected their '24 candidate and it sure isn't Joe or Chuckles.

OMG!  Just the thought of Joe debating Trump makes me laugh and you are right; definitely would be funnier than ANYTHING you could watch on Comedy Central. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.