Author Topic: WNBA All-Star Brittney Griner arrested in Russia on drug charges  (Read 5385 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: WNBA All-Star Brittney Griner arrested in Russia on drug charges
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2022, 07:30:18 pm »
Published July 5, 2022 6:04am EDT
Brittney Griner calls on White House to bring her, other Americans detained in Russia home: 'I miss my family'
Brittney Griner's trial continues later this week

Brittney Griner sent a letter to the White House Monday to make sure President Joe Biden and the rest of his administration do not "forget about me and the other American detainees" in Russia.

Griner’s letter was passed to the White House through her representatives. Though most of the contents remained private, her representatives shared some excerpts. ...

The White House National Security Council confirmed the White House received Griner’s letter.  ...
FOX News

Boo hoo. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. I understand she also claimed her father is a Vietnam veteran and it was so hard for her not to celebrate July 4. Really? She either walks out or kneels for the national anthem, but she's just oh-so-patriotic she celebrates Independence Day religiously.

Cry me a river.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2022, 07:34:38 pm »
Although I understand this "wife's" frustration....she needs to understand that this a foreign country that we have no jurisdiction over. Or is she just a goofball? (rhetorical)

Myself, I think she'll be used as a trade for some Russian imprisoned in the US. And she needs to be praying for that.

And thinking on that a little more...it's kinda like sports.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:35:55 pm by berdie »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2022, 07:42:10 pm »
I can sympathize with any American who is incarcerated in a foreign country.  However, she stood a much greater chance at being freed with Trump in office than she does with the current incompetent circus act (that she voted for).  At least now she has the time to reflect on her election choice.
 Leadership actually matters when it comes to a national leader.  Sadly, she couldn't figure that one out for herself.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2022, 02:26:08 pm »
Is this part of the *deal* to get *her* home?

I'll bet it is....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2022, 03:24:36 pm »
Is this part of the *deal* to get *her* home?
She'll get traded for some Russian spy we have in custody.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2022, 05:41:14 pm »
July 15, 2022 10:19am EDT
Brittney Griner had doctor’s recommendation for medical cannabis in U.S.
Griner faces 10 years in prison if convicted
By Joe Morgan | Fox News

Brittney Griner was back in a Russian courtroom on Friday and a lawyer for the WNBA star presented a doctor's note recommending the use of medical cannabis in order to treat pain.

Griner, who pleaded guilty to drug charges last Thursday, has been held in Russia since February after Russian authorities say they found vape cartridges containing hashish oil in her luggage. The guilty plea does not bring an end to the trial.

"The attending physician gave Brittney recommendations for the use of medical cannabis. The permission was issued on behalf of the Arizona Department of Health," lawyer Maria Blagovolina said.

Griner’s lawyers also presented evidence that Griner had undergone anti-doping tests, which did not return any positive results.

In recent weeks, there has been mounting pressure on the Biden administration to bring the two-time Olympic gold medalist home, with news coming to light that Griner penned a letter to President Biden asking for his help in obtaining her release from a Russian prison and her safe return to the States.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brittney-griner-doctors-recommendation-medical-cannabis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2022, 05:47:49 pm »
    Brittney Griner was back in a Russian courtroom on Friday and a lawyer for the WNBA star presented a doctor's note recommending the use of medical cannabis in order to treat pain.

Was that doctor's note by any chance found in a ballot drop box at 3am?  Just wondering, since this is the first I've heard of it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2022, 05:58:45 pm »

Americans should avoid traveling to Russia, Iran, and North Korea.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2022, 06:28:09 pm »
Was that doctor's note by any chance found in a ballot drop box at 3am?  Just wondering, since this is the first I've heard of it.
It's a cannabis miracle!

Offline verga

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2022, 07:37:39 pm »
Is she really all that high profile? I suspect most Americans barely know the WNBA exists, let alone can name a handful of players. Bottom line is that all airports are on the lookout for illegal drugs. She should have known better.
She has ben playing for the Russian team for a number of years. She knows the rules.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2022, 07:53:16 pm »
THIS JUST IN: Griner still in custody. BBC weighs in.Players say the Phoenix Mercury centre has been wrongfully detained and are calling on President Joe Biden to help.
Well there's your problem. If Trump was in office, she would have been home in a wee, or two at the very most.  LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill are here instead of serving 10 years in China for shoplifting due to Trump's intervention. Of course Ball's ungrateful father  said Trump had nothing to do with it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.