Author Topic: 'The Army screwed up' — National Guardsmen went weeks without pay because of a system glitch  (Read 570 times)

rebewranger

'The Army screwed up' — National Guardsmen went weeks without pay because of a system glitch
Haley Britzky - 1h ago

Pennsylvania National Guardsmen who have been on a training exercise since mid-June are facing various financial challenges after an apparent technical issue in the payroll system left many without a paycheck.

The 56th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, Pennsylvania National Guard, has been on a scheduled rotation through the National Training Center in Fort Irwin, California, for the last month. A non-commissioned officer in the brigade’s 1st Battalion, 111th Infantry Regiment, who spoke to Task & Purpose on condition of anonymity said that their orders for the rotation were for June 18 to July 17. Typically, the NCO said, soldiers could expect to be paid halfway through that rotation.

Almost a month since arriving at NTC, soldiers recently began realizing they hadn’t been paid at all.

“I would say the overall lesson that junior soldiers learned from NTC is that the Army doesn’t care about them,” the soldier told Task & Purpose. “And it sucks. They know their first-line leaders, they know that I care about them, that their team leaders care about them, that their platoon sergeant cares about them. But everyone higher than that clearly doesn’t care about them at all.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-army-screwed-up-national-guardsmen-went-weeks-without-pay-because-of-a-system-glitch/ar-AAZzYPc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b89f22234f9a46b5a0d4d6b4575e51fe

rebewranger

A glitch, huh?  You can bet your sweet bippy if they had overpaid the troops, the Army would have been on that Mo Ricky Tick!! :bolt:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I bet there is never any correspond glitch when it come to shoveling taxpayer dollars to illegal immigrants and other welfare recipients, but when it comes to the men and women who put their lives on the line this administration could care less.

Offline MajorClay

SNAFU is an Army Term for this

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
My memory is hazy on the subject, but seems to me when I was in the Army 1970-72, we only got paid once a month -- and it wasn't a whole lot, either...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My memory is hazy on the subject, but seems to me when I was in the Army 1970-72, we only got paid once a month -- and it wasn't a whole lot, either...
National Guardsmen(and women happy77) get paid twice a month.

How much does a Soldier make at Army National Guard in the United States? Average Army National Guard Soldier monthly pay in the United States is approximately $2,693, which is 35% above the national average.