Author Topic: DHS shuts down controversial Disinformation Governance Board  (Read 468 times)

Offline libertybele

DHS shuts down controversial Disinformation Governance Board

The Department of Homeland Security has shut down the controversial Disinformation Governance Board after massive blowback from the public.

DHS announced the creation of the disinformation board in April in order to "coordinate countering misinformation related to homeland security, focused specifically on irregular migration and Russia."

After months of outcry and criticism, the board was quietly shut down on Monday.

"We have now had briefings on the relevant disinformation-related activities of the Department. We are not ready, as of yet, to provide recommendations on the Department's most effective approach to disinformation threats, including commitments to increase transparency and protect civil rights, civil liberties, and privacy," the statement read.

"However, at this point, we have concluded that there is no need for a Disinformation Governance Board," it said.

The statement was posted to social media by Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri, a vehement opponent of the board's formation.

Much of the criticism against the board centered on Nina Jankowicz, the executive director. Jankowicz had previously spread the false information contained in the spurious Christopher Steele dossier and tried to undermine the Hunter Biden laptop story by calling it Russian disinformation. .........

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dhs-disinformation-board-shut-down
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: DHS shuts down controversial Disinformation Governance Board
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 12:43:03 pm »
How do I know this is not disinformation?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: DHS shuts down controversial Disinformation Governance Board
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 05:47:01 pm »
They have the censored platforms of Fecebook, Twitter, the MSM including ABCNNBCBS and sometimes FOX, and most newspapers (Epoch Times being an exception).

Why bother with the government doing what is already free?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis