Author Topic: Texas petroleum company is fined $275,000 for selling NASA 'potentially tainted fuel' that may have  (Read 824 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Stacy Liberatore For Dailymail.com 7/15/2022

Texas petroleum company is fined $275,000 for selling NASA 'potentially tainted fuel' that may have been used by SpaceX to launch its Demo-2 mission to the International Space Station in 2020

•   Anahuac Transport pleaded guilty in February for delivering 'possibly tainted' rocket fuel to NASA

•   The company was ordered Thursday to pay a $275,000 fine and serve three years on probation

•    Anahuac had delivered the fuel in tanks that had previously transported other chemicals

•   The company stated in documents that the tanks were not contaminated

Anahuac Transport, a liquid petroleum company in Texas, was found guilty of a ‘criminal scheme’ in February after admitting to ‘supplying potentially tainted rocket fuel to NASA,’ and the firm’s punishment was announced Thursday.

Judge Alfred H. Bennett, with the US attorney’s office of Southern District of Texas, ordered the company to pay a $275,000 fine and serve three years on probation – the firm is banned from federal government contracting.

Anahauc delivered rocket fuel in contaminated trailers to the American space agency, which was also set to be used by SpaceX during its launches to the International Space Station (ISS).

‘During the hearing, the court noted the importance of the Johnson Space Center to the identity of the Houston area and how it was a privilege for a company like Anahuac to play a role in the US space program,’ reads a statement from the US Department of Justice,

Anahuac was also told it had ‘abused that privilege.’

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11018303/Anahuac-Transport-fined-275-000-selling-NASA-potentially-tainted-fuel.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"potentially tainted"?

Was it 'tainted' or not?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
"potentially tainted"?

Was it 'tainted' or not?

I'll bet they don't know, which is why the fine was only $275,000.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The proper QA/QC term is off-specification.

So who at NASA/SpaceX at their QA job failed to do the their job, and allowed "off-spec" fuel to get to the rocket?  The absolute critical nature of this fuel typicallty would go through exhustive testing.

Beleive me....   There are at least 2 parties at fault.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.