Author Topic: BIDEN responds to Manchin, saying that if the Senate won't pass a climate bill, "I will take strong  (Read 562 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden vows executive action on climate change after Manchin delays US Senate legislation

National News 7/15/2022

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/us-news/2022/07/15/biden-vows-executive-action-on-climate-change-after-manchin-delays-us-senate-legislation/

'I will take strong executive action to meet this moment,' US president says

US President Joe Biden said on Friday he would take steps on his own to reduce climate emissions after efforts to pass legislation through Congress collapsed once again.

“If the Senate will not move to tackle the climate crisis and strengthen our domestic clean energy industry, I will take strong executive action to meet this moment,” Mr Biden said in a prepared statement.

The Democratic president did not say specifically what steps he would take. He said his actions would address climate change, create jobs, bolster US energy security and domestic manufacturing, and shield the economy from fossil fuel price spikes.

For more than a year, Democrats have struggled to pass a sweeping domestic policy bill that would boost incentives to reduce climate emissions, lower prescription drug costs and raise taxes on corporations and the wealthy.

Those talks appeared to collapse after Joe Manchin, a lone Democratic holdout, told Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer this week that he would only support legislation that lowered prescription drug pricing and would be unwilling to back proposed tax increase and climate provisions, a Democrat briefed on the conversations said.

More at link.

Offline mountaineer

Him and his #*%$ executive orders. Can these not be challenged in court?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Sri Lanka here we come
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
EO's with intent to destroy this country????....

There will ZERO compliance on my behalf on any capitualtion to this Eco-Scam.

I hope millions join me.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Him and his #*%$ executive orders. Can these not be challenged in court?
Joe Biden being the dicktator he accused Trump of being, or at least Joe's puppet master is being the dicktator he always wanted to be, stay out of the bathhouses Barry.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So, in other words. if Congress(The people) do not wish it, I(the king) will decree it.

How far we have fallen as a nation to accept this as the way we should live.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington