Author Topic: Biden Administration Hides the Number of Removal Cases It Has Tanked  (Read 543 times)

rebewranger

Biden Administration Hides the Number of Removal Cases It Has Tanked
How many aliens have received “prosecutorial discretion”? None of your business

By Andrew R. Arthur on July 15, 2022
In my last post, I referenced a RealClear Investigations report describing the deleterious effects of the president’s immigration policies on removal proceedings before the 600-some immigration judges (IJs) in the nation’s immigration courts. It’s depressing, but most shockingly, the researchers were rebuffed when they asked how many cases involving facially removable aliens have been dismissed in the name of “prosecutorial discretion”. The administration thinks it’s none of their business, or yours, either — even though you are paying the $891.19 million tab.

Removal Proceedings. Briefly, except for the dwindling number of arriving aliens (including illegal migrants) subject to expedited removal and those arriving aliens subject to expulsion under orders issued by CDC under Title 42 in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, DHS must first obtain an order of removal to remove a removable alien (formally an alien “amenable to removal”), from the United States.

Aliens (including green card holders) may be amenable to removal on any number of grounds, but most in immigration court entered illegally, overstayed their nonimmigrant visas, or committed some criminal offense that Congress has designated as a ground for removal.

This removal process commences when DHS files a “Notice to Appear” (NTA) with an immigration court. Congress — which normally punts the big stuff to the executive branch — was punctilious in delineating what it expected DHS to include in those NTAs, and more than once the Supreme Court has been dragged into debates over whether specific NTAs complied with those rules, or not.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Biden-Administration-Hides-Number-Removal-Cases-It-Has-Tanked

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden Administration Hides the Number of Removal Cases It Has Tanked
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 09:39:21 pm »
How many aliens have received “prosecutorial discretion”?

ALL of them, I'd reckon...