Author Topic: One City Could Soon Be on the Verge of an 'Uncontrolled Monkeypox Spread,' Warns Lawmaker  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Kamaji

One City Could Soon Be on the Verge of an 'Uncontrolled Monkeypox Spread,' Warns Lawmaker

Leah Barkoukis
Jul 15, 2022

California state Sen. Scott Wiener sounded off on the federal government’s failure to procure an adequate supply of monkeypox vaccine and warned that San Francisco is heading toward a “public health mess of uncontrolled monkeypox spread.”

In a statement on Wednesday, the progressive Democrat said the San Francisco Department of Public Health is running critically low and the San Francisco General Hospital vaccine clinic is being temporarily suspended.

This comes as monkeypox infections are on the rise in the city, jumping from six cases as of June 16 to a total of 80 cases as of July 14.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/07/15/one-city-is-on-the-verge-of-an-uncontrolled-monkeypox-outbreak-n2610263

Offline Kamaji

So close the bathhouses.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Engage in the homo butt lovin' and suffer the consequences.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Now is also not a good time to visit Provincetown, MA.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Engage in the homo butt lovin' and suffer the consequences.

Engage in it with strangers, and yes, these are the consequences.  Not surprising that Mr. Scott Weiner can't seem to connect the dots on that one.

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, well, San Francisco.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, well, San Francisco.  :whistle:

Exactly.  How many people did not see that coming just after reading the headline itself?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Holy Homotown Batman.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Somehow a city with feces all over the place seems appropriate for a major out break of Monkeypox  :shrug:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Show of hands of all who knew this was going to be the city before opening the thread...... :cool:

888high58888
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Somehow a city with feces all over the place seems appropriate for a major out break of Monkeypox  :shrug:
Monkeys flinging poo are welcomed in SF.

Offline berdie

Show of hands of all who knew this was going to be the city before opening the thread...... :cool:

888high58888

888high58888

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

888high58888

888high58888
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji wrote:
"Not surprising that Mr. Scott Weiner can't seem to connect the dots on that one."

The guy's got the right name, eh...?

Somebody ought to direct him to the city library, which probably has a copy of the Randy Shilts' book, "...And The Band Played On"...

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Everybody knew the city by the headline. San Francisco is feces central. And they seem to like it that way. They seem to enjoy walking in shit every day.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Holy Homotown Batman.

Ya well, Robin, Miami also has a high incidence as well.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

San Francisco at risk of an ‘uncontrolled monkeypox spread,’ lawmaker says
The Hill, Jul 14, 2022

California state Sen. Scott Wiener (D) said in a statement Thursday that the city of San Francisco is veering toward a public health crisis due to the uncontrolled spread of the monkeypox virus.

The city’s Department of Public Health (DPH) tweeted Wednesday that its walk-in clinic will close for the remainder of the week due to the vaccine shortage. Other city clinics are working through remaining appointments and joining the DPH in “urgently asking for more doses.” 

As of Wednesday afternoon, more than 1,700 San Francisco residents had been vaccinated against the virus, according to the San Francisco DPH.

Wiener said the vaccination rate will continue to be slow, which will cause a spread in the city and surrounding communities. He said “failure to control this outbreak” will harm residents, especially the city’s LGBTQ+ community.

"We need an enormous amount of additional vaccine doses, and we need it immediately. The federal government’s failures are threatening to deeply harm our community,” Wiener added. “Once we move past this emergency, we need accountability for these failures — failures that put people’s lives and health in jeopardy.”

Wiener’s statement comes after former New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio (D) called on the federal government Monday to ramp up its access to monkeypox vaccines as cases of the virus continue to spread throughout the country.

More:  https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3559619-san-francisco-at-risk-of-an-uncontrolled-monkeypox-spread-lawmaker-says/

Offline mountaineer

He said “failure to control this outbreak” will harm residents, especially the city’s LGBTQ+ community.
That's what happens.  :whistle:

Offline goatprairie

A certain body orifice related to the digestive system was not designed for penetration by certain objects for sexual gratification.
Be that as it may, if two consenting adults decide to use a certain body part to shove up the person's anus, I will not interfere.
Just don't then come back and complain about getting a disease which is common among people who do shove their organ in a place it's not meant for.
The AIDs crisis could have been nipped in the bud if male homosexuals had simply chosen to wear condoms when engaging in anal sex. Many of them ignored the warnings  even after it was clear that unprotected anal sex could transmit the HIV virus to them and kill them.
Instead, they blamed Reagan because the gov. didn't come out with a vaccine fast enough for them.
David Horowitz remembers organizing a meeting in SF in the early 80s with the purpose of explaining to homosexual leaders there that the disease could be avoided by homosexuals wearing condoms.
The homo leaders didn't like what they heard. They wanted to be able to do as they pleased regarding where they stuck their member, and they didn't like wearing condoms.
So hundreds of thousands homosexual males died because they didn't like to wear condoms.
Hopefully, the same people/orgs. will not whine too much if they expire from the Monkeypox.
I simply don't care.