Author Topic: Cuban and Haitian migrants setting sail to Florida border at alarming rates  (Read 461 times)

rebewranger

Cuban and Haitian migrants setting sail to Florida border at alarming rates
Anna Giaritelli - 2h ago

Athousand miles from the U.S.-Mexico border, federal law enforcement and military that patrol the waters surrounding Florida and Puerto Rico are seeing the emergence of a new border crisis.

As record numbers of Cubans and Haitians attempt to cross the southern land border illegally, others are increasingly taking to the sea. Department of Homeland Security authorities with the Coast Guard told the Washington Examiner its personnel are interdicting more migrants at sea than ever before.

A Coast Guard spokesperson pointed to socioeconomic problems in both countries as a reason migrants choose to flee but added that the agency has warned against the risks involved in traversing the seas in unsafe vessels without life jackets. It is also a violation of federal law.

The Coast Guard encounters migrants packed into shoddy vessels in such places as the Florida Keys, South Beach in Miami, and off the Puerto Rico coast daily. Others who made landfall or swam ashore are taken into custody by Border Patrol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cuban-and-haitian-migrants-setting-sail-to-florida-border-at-alarming-rates/ar-AAZBMt1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=34efbc2a940a41578b9a4bcac5b42cee

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Needed:
A few hurricanes to "wash the oceans clean" again...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Needed:
A few hurricanes to "wash the oceans clean" again...

Needed:  A president and congress that actually gives a darn.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.