Author Topic: Florida official caught on video dropping title after pulled over for speeding  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Kamaji

Florida official caught on video dropping title after pulled over for speeding

By David Propper
July 15, 2022

A Florida county commissioner with a lead foot dropped his title twice in back-to-back speeding incidents — declaring “I run the county” in one of the traffic stops, footage of the cases show.

In the latest encounter, Flagler County Commissioner Joe Mullins was in his red Ferrari when he was pulled over by a Florida Highway Patrol trooper on June 19, according to reports.

Mullins had been traveling 92 mph in a 70 mph-speed zone on Interstate 95, Fox 35 reported.

As the trooper is talking to Mullins, the trooper stops and says “I’m sorry?”

Mullins then says “I run the county so I know how that works.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/15/florida-county-commissioner-joe-mullins-dropped-title-to-avoid-speeding-tickets-reports/

Offline Kamaji

My question is:  how does a County Commissioner afford a Ferrari?

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn