Author Topic: New York stinky! Odor complaints in NYC reach disgusting all-time high  (Read 565 times)

Offline Kamaji

New York stinky! Odor complaints in NYC reach disgusting all-time high

By Georgett Roberts, Nolan Hicks, Larry Celona, Tina Moore and Bruce Golding
July 14, 2022

This summer in the city isn’t just hot and gritty — it smells!

Walking around the Big Apple these days amounts to an olfactory assault by some of the foulest odors imaginable, disgusted New Yorkers said Wednesday.

“Every morning I smell like a rancid smell, like rotten food that has been sitting there for a while,” said Justin Colon, a porter at a Times Square office tower.

Tech worker Jaiden Williams, 37, described the city’s stench as “gnarly and cadaverous.”

“No matter what you do — if you douse yourself in a bottle of perfume or Chanel No. 5 — the scent is still on the tip of your nose,” the Hell’s Kitchen resident said.

On West 46th Street, one office worker was overheard asking another, “Why does the city smell like a used diaper these days?”

The answer, Colon said, is simple.

“I clean the steps going down to the subway.  I’ve cleaned up poop so many times,” he said. “This morning I was cleaning up poop.”

One Manhattan cop said, “It is not uncommon to see human feces on the street,” adding: “I guess you only have to pick up after your dog.”

A Manhattan NYPD detective said bluntly, “The homeless people are s–tting all over the place.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/14/nyc-odor-complaints-reach-disgusting-all-time-high/

Offline mountaineer

Have NYers considered that they should have elected better mayors in the past 20 years or so?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This used to happen in August.

I blame climate change.

Offline mountaineer

Logan Ratick
@Logan_Ratick
8h
Mayor Photo Op is preoccupied

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1547374810761658369
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
On another thread, there was talk of average rent of $5000/mo. in nearby Mathatten.

With the stench, crime, high costs, taxes, I as a Texan, and curious why anyone would want to live in that hell hole.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer goes a-diggin' with:
"Have NYers considered that they should have elected better mayors in the past 20 years or so?"

That isn't how politics works in New York City.
How politics works in NYC:
1. Go to polls
2. Look for candidates with (d) on the ballot
3. Vote for those candidates
4. Go home and wait for next election, then repeat.

Online libertybele

All the more reason to wear masks.   *****rollingeyes***** :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

All the more reason to wear masks.   *****rollingeyes***** :silly:

:thumbsup:

I guess we could go to wearing those pointy-nosed masks doctors used to wear during the Black Death, with sachets stuffed in them to temper the smell of disease and death.