Author Topic: WH Economic Adviser Boushey: America Has a Higher Inflation Rate Than Other Countries Because of ‘Gl  (Read 570 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH Economic Adviser Boushey: America Has a Higher Inflation Rate Than Other Countries Because of ‘Global’ Pandemic, War

Ian Hanchett 14 Jul 2022

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “New Day,” White House Council of Economic Advisers member Heather Boushey responded to questions on why Canada, France, Italy, Japan, India, Mexico, and China have lower inflation rates than the U.S. by blaming “global” problems of the pandemic, supply chain, issues, and energy. She also stated that “countries have their baskets of goods and particular things affecting their economies” and some other countries have higher inflation rates than America.

Co-host John Berman asked, “Gas prices have dropped 29 straight days. But Americans are going to need that extra money from the gas prices because the core rate of inflation, month-to-month, actually creeped up a little bit, which means everything else besides food and gas prices actually [rose] a little bit there. And one thing I also want to point out is, based on the last measurements from other countries, the rate of inflation in the U.S. is higher than it is in Canada, France, Italy, Japan, India, Mexico, China. Why?”

Boushey responded, “Well, here [are] a couple of things. I mean, first off, let’s be clear, the bulk of the increases in prices last month were due to energy and food, and most of that was indeed due to energy. And so, this is really the result of the United States and countries everywhere coming out of a historic pandemic where we have seen these ongoing challenges with supply chains, these fragile supply chains that businesses have created around the world that have made it difficult to get products to shelves in the time of this recovery from a pandemic. You add on top of that this unprovoked war that Putin has been waging in the Ukraine and that is why we’ve seen prices rise. So, these gas prices — and, again, as you pointed out, this is a global [phenomenon]. Again, coming out of the pandemic is global, the supply chain challenges are global, and the energy challenges are also global.”

Berman followed up, “Absolutely, there’s no question about that, but the countries I just listed that have lower year-to-year rates of inflation at last measurements, they’ve all been hit by the pandemic and by energy prices as well and I’m just trying to understand why it’s a higher rate of inflation here in the United States.”

Boushey answered, “Well, there are other countries that do have higher rates than the U.S. I mean, certainly, countries have their baskets of goods and particular things affecting their economies. But overall, what we see is this global trend towards higher prices and you see many countries that are reaching record peaks like the United States, and, again, it is because, in large part right now, because of this energy crisis.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/14/wh-economic-adviser-boushey-america-has-a-higher-inflation-rate-than-other-countries-because-of-global-pandemic-war/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH Economic Adviser Boushey: It’s Important ‘to Wean Ourselves off’ Global Oil Markets

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “New Day,” White House Council of Economic Advisers member Heather Boushey argued that it is important for countries like the United States “to wean ourselves off of these global oil markets because that is what’s making all of these economies so vulnerable right now.” And that is why President Joe Biden “continues to focus on his clean energy” plans.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/14/wh-economic-adviser-boushey-its-important-to-wean-ourselves-off-global-oil-markets/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Killer Clouds

And the utter stupidity of the DCP keeps barreling down the tracks on full display.

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

With  thinking like this in the White House, we are in for a few years of pain
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Boushey...

You don't think a soverign nation already at 130% of GDP is already fighting inflationary headwinds when compared to countries with more fiscal restraint?

Where did they find these folks?  They can't be this randomly stupid.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
With  thinking like this in the White House, we are in for a few years of pain

I am thinking more in terms of decades.  When the bubble bursts, and world decouples from the $USD, we'll be 3rd world status until some revolutionary action wipes the slate clean, and we rebuild.

The analogy of the Biden admin is to keep calling the credit card company to raise your credit limit, and hope they don't run out of zeros.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 03:28:36 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.