Author Topic: Conservative group finds ‘absolutely no evidence of widespread fraud’ in 2020 election  (Read 3788 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Conservative group finds ‘absolutely no evidence of widespread fraud’ in 2020 election
by Zach Schonfeld - 07/14/22 3:46 PM ET

Eight prominent conservatives released a 72-page report Thursday refuting claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential election in dozens of unsuccessful court cases brought forth by former President Trump and his allies.

The group — which includes former federal judges, Republican senators and Republican-appointed officials — said they reviewed all 64 court cases Trump and his allies initiated challenging the election outcome, saying they had reached an “unequivocal” conclusion that the claims were unsupported by evidence.

“We conclude that Donald Trump and his supporters had their day in court and failed to produce substantive evidence to make their case,” the group wrote.

The eight conservatives repeatedly condemned the election fraud claims, but said they have not changed their allegiance to the Democratic Party and have no “ill will” toward Trump nor his supporters.

The group consists of former Sen. John Danforth (R-Mo.); longtime Republican lawyer Benjamin Ginsberg; former federal Judge Thomas Griffith; David Hoppe, chief of staff to then-Speaker Paul Ryan; former federal judge J. Michael Luttig; former federal judge Michael McConnell; Theodore Olson, solicitor general under former President George W. Bush; and former Sen. Gordon Smith (R-Ore.).

“We urge our fellow conservatives to cease obsessing over the results of the 2020 election, and to focus instead on presenting candidates and ideas that offer a positive vision for overcoming our current difficulties and bringing greater peace, prosperity and liberty to our nation,” the group wrote.

The Hill has reached out to a Trump spokesperson for comment.

The group’s report includes an analysis of the claims in each court case challenging the election results in six swing states President Biden narrowly won in 2020: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

The cases included unfounded widespread claims of improperly counted ballots, rigged voting machines, mail-in ballot irregularities, ineligible voters who casted ballots and blocked access for observers in polling places.

The claims have also been a focus of numerous investigations, including the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and a criminal investigation led by the Fulton County, Ga. district attorney.

Two members of the group, Ginsberg and Luttig, have testified publicly before the House panel. Luttig served as an informal adviser to then-Vice President Pence in the lead-up to Jan. 6, telling Pence he could not constitutionally overturn the Electoral College votes.

The eight conservatives acknowledged the election administration was not “perfect” Thursday, noting a relatively small number of cases where authorities found irregularities.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3559758-conservative-group-finds-absolutely-no-evidence-of-widespread-fraud-in-2020-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So why have ALL the actual courts of law avoided ALL cases religiously?    :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

"Conservatives."  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

So why have ALL the actual courts of law avoided ALL cases religiously?    :whistle:

Speaking of in particular - SCOTUS!   9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm sure all of these "Conservatives" are very close to Senator Cheney and Senator Romney, both of whom are far-Left Democrats.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

Yeah... I was gonna say they forgot to put that in quotes... Ain't nobody in that list that I listen to.

Offline mountaineer

I'm sure all of these "Conservatives" are very close to Senator Cheney and Senator Romney, both of whom are far-Left Democrats.
Seriously, John Danforth? Don't make me laugh. And Paul Ryan's chief of staff. Yeah, that one is bound to be really, really conservative.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

That's nice, but not correct.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The group consists of former Sen. John Danforth (R-Mo.); longtime Republican lawyer Benjamin Ginsberg; former federal Judge Thomas Griffith; David Hoppe, chief of staff to then-Speaker Paul Ryan; former federal judge J. Michael Luttig; former federal judge Michael McConnell; Theodore Olson, solicitor general under former President George W. Bush; and former Sen. Gordon Smith (R-Ore.).

i.e.  RINO Circle Jerk.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seriously, John Danforth?

Danforth came out endorsing an Independent for the MO senatorial race...... Instead of any of the half dozen available R's.

Hey Jack- Calling yourself a conservative is a bald faced lie.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Is anyone going to answer the question I posed above?  If not, I'll do it for you later?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline The_Reader_David

So everyone wants too quibble about wet (in the British sense) Republicans calling themselves "conservatives" rather than looking at the findings.

The real claim Trump had, and on which basis sober historians will one day put an asterisk after the 2020 result, the way there is one after the 1876 result, was not fraud, but the fact that many states conducted their elections in violation of the plain meaning of the legislation governing the conduct of elections that their legislatures had adopted, and thus in violation of the US Constitution which gives the legislatures of the states sole responsibility to govern elections within their state. 

Does anyone here really, really think the 'Rats, had they been engaging in fraud as widespread as Trump alleges to swing the election to Biden would have ignored the down-ballot races and managed to lose House seats and leave the Senate hanging, only to pick it up in the Georgia run-offs after Trump (and people making vote-fraud allegations and loudly presenting themselves as Trump surrogates) told people to stay home until the voting system was fixed?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Does anyone here really, really think the 'Rats, had they been engaging in fraud as widespread as Trump alleges to swing the election to Biden would have ignored the down-ballot races and managed to lose House seats and leave the Senate hanging, only to pick it up in the Georgia run-offs after Trump (and people making vote-fraud allegations and loudly presenting themselves as Trump surrogates) told people to stay home until the voting system was fixed?

@The_Reader_David

YES! I do! There was ONE imperative! Get Donald J. Trump out of the WH no matter what it takes!  And it wasn't just the rats who signed on to get that done either!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

So everyone wants too quibble about wet (in the British sense) Republicans calling themselves "conservatives" rather than looking at the findings.

The real claim Trump had, and on which basis sober historians will one day put an asterisk after the 2020 result, the way there is one after the 1876 result, was not fraud, but the fact that many states conducted their elections in violation of the plain meaning of the legislation governing the conduct of elections that their legislatures had adopted, and thus in violation of the US Constitution which gives the legislatures of the states sole responsibility to govern elections within their state. 

Count me as one of those who believes the democrats focused their fraud on the presidency, and not so much on the House or Senate.  If there were verifiable limits in place to guarantee that fraud didn’t take place, including voter ID and prohibitions on ballot harvesting and mail in ballots, maybe I would give more credence to this report. 

But the fact remains that the 2020 election was singularly unauditable and contained none of the protections that are sine qua non for elections in countries with weak democratic credentials, and there are too many statistical anomalies to just chalk them all up to coincidence. 

The democrats put a sufficiently weighty, fraudulent thumb on the election, and I believe that on a more likely than not basis, that fraud swung the election from Trump to Biden. 

Unless the authors of this report can demonstrate sufficient auditability of the results, their conclusions are meaningless and fly in the face of the clear statistical data. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The problem I have with this BS is that the cases were pretty much summarily dismissed, often on matters of 'standing', and no evidence was ever allowed to be presented.

Reviewing those cases won't build a case because the evidence never got a chance to be entered in the record.

Conservative, my ass. These snakes are just trying to make something look like there was evidence there was no steal, over something they have never seen, by reviewing cases where evidence was not presented.
It is smarmy bullsh*t to present this as truth, despite technicalities.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, and that especially applies when the evidence is prevented from being presented.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pence was much more involved in making sure Trump would not regain office than is generally known. We still do not know the full extent of Pence's cooperation and support of Democrats and Democrat interest groups after the election, because the facts are dripping out a month or two months at a time. We know now the Pence and Milley had an alliance to usurp President Trump's control over United States Military Forces. Apparently, although not fully confirmed, Pence was working with Democrats and Democrat Interest Groups to influence courts nationwide against Trump. Pence worked feverishly with the Leftists to ensure President Trump was never able to get a hearing. And it worked.

Although Pence (sort of) claims to be a Republican, and was chosen by Trump to be his Vice President, Pence was acting as a Judas, snake in the grass, sabotaging Trump at every opportunity. We have all said that Trump's biggest failing was the people he chose to trust. Pence ranks way up there with Sessions (along with so many others) as one of the most damaging deceiver and double-crosser which Trump naïvely brought into his home.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Question:

So why have ALL the actual courts of law avoided ALL cases religiously?   

Answer:

Because in courts of law BOTH sides get to present their cases and examine all witnesses.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 02:41:40 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien