Author Topic: Electricity for electric cars will soon be more expensive than petrol  (Read 383 times)

rebewranger

Electricity for electric cars will soon be more expensive than petrol

So far, German owners of electric cars have come through the energy crisis relatively unscathed. But that could change. Wholesale prices on the Leipzig electricity exchange EEX reached a new record of 319 euros per megawatt hour at the end of last week. This means that they have more than tripled since the beginning of the year.

Published: July 14, 2022, 11:08 am

Within the last three weeks alone, the price on the exchanges for a kilowatt hour rose from 22 to now 31 cents. That is an increase of 41 percent and should not be confused with consumer prices. These are significantly higher. Even the abolition of the EEG levy of 3,7 cents could not stop the mega-inflation. And this rise has not really spilled over into prices at charging stations yet.

Individual providers such as Hamburg Energie already announced in June, i.e. before the new inflation shock, that they would increase prices by more than 60 percent.

Price advantage could turn into disadvantage

https://freewestmedia.com/2022/07/14/electricity-for-electric-cars-will-soon-be-more-expensive-than-petrol/

Offline Kamaji

Of course they will; it's an inevitable fact of basic Econ 101.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not to mention the significant increase in KWH demand on a grid infrastructure already taxed to capacity in many areas.  Not only are you going to be more likely to lose power, and all that entails, this basically adds the hassle of  being stranded at home.

Envirowhackos just can't think more than one move ahead.  Blithering idiots.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.