Author Topic: Trump says he’s made up his mind about 2024, big decision is timing of announcement  (Read 566 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump says he’s made up his mind about 2024, big decision is timing of announcement
by Jared Gans - 07/14/22 11:43 AM ET

Former President Trump says he has made a decision about running for the White House again in 2024.

The “big decision,” he told New York magazine in an interview published Thursday, is whether to announce before or after November’s midterm elections.

“Well, in my own mind, I’ve already made that decision, so nothing factors in anymore. In my own mind, I’ve already made that decision,” he said.

He added, “Do I go before or after? That will be my big decision.”

Trump said announcing before the midterms could come with an advantage, dissuading other potential candidates from launching their own campaigns.

“Let people know. I think a lot of people would not even run if I did that because, if you look at the polls, they don’t even register. Most of these people,” he said. “And I think that you would actually have a backlash against them if they ran. People want me to run.”

He also said wasn’t worried about other potential 2024 GOP candidates and that he didn’t consider Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is widely considered the top Republican contender should Trump not run, a rival.

Multiple sources told The Hill earlier this month that Trump and his allies have discussed making an announcement about his campaign status as early as this summer, and multiple news outlets reported that Trump was considering launching his campaign this month, possibly around the Fourth of July.

But some advisers pushed against an earlier announcement, with one source telling The Hill there is no rush because Trump remains popular and influential in the Republican Party.

One person knowledgeable about the discussions told New York magazine that Trump was prepared to announce his run on July 4, but allies like Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) were opposed to the idea because it would cause him to take responsibility for the midterm elections in November.

In his interview, Trump denied considering a July 4 announcement.

“I never said I was going to. That was just fake news. Somebody said that I was going to,” he said. “I don’t think it was any of our people.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3559279-trump-says-hes-made-up-his-mind-about-2024-big-decision-is-if-announcement-is-before-or-after-midterms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I would suspect he'll use the announcement as counter-programming to coverage of the next Kangaroo Kommision televised hearing.

Plus announcing his candidacy will better position him to argue that any legal fallout from J6 is just more Deep State, Swamp political persecution.

It's one thing for Dems to demand that the FBI indict a former President.  It's another to for Dems to demand that the FBI interfere in the election by indicting an active candidate for the Presidency.  The optics are terrible for the FBI, especially with the memory of Comey's 2016 October Surprise.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 06:18:19 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Absalom

The Greeks and Romans produced many of the greatest Leaders in History.
While none were Saints, most had the character and vision to create Empires and Legacies.
We insist we are the greatest, yet produce a noisy buffoon such as Trump.
If Republicans nominate this clown, they will get the defeat they deserve!!!!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:32:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Thank you for posting this @Bigun   

It's excellent.

@libertybele
@DCPatriot

@Right_in_Virginia

:beer:  Thank you for the ping!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

I've heard the timing of the announcement will be in 2023.
There is something about the regular rallies he holds being a campaign finance issue if he announces too early.
But, yes, unless something happens, he will run.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

It's excellent.

@libertybele
@DCPatriot

I posted it because what Mr. Klingenstein says is true @Right_in_Virginia and no other reason
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:59:31 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

I posted it because what Mr. Klingenstein says is true @Right_in_Virginia and no other reason

Understood @Bigun   It's also why I appreciate it.   :beer:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

It's excellent.

@libertybele
@DCPatriot

Thank you @Bigun @Right_in_Virginia  it is an excellent presentation.  No arguments from me at all.

I hope every member of this forum and visitors takes them time to watch and listen.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.