Author Topic: Electrical Engineering Professor: “Germany Urgently Needs An Energy Strategy Change”  (Read 261 times)

rebewranger

Electrical Engineering Professor: “Germany Urgently Needs An Energy Strategy Change”
By P Gosselin on 13. July 2022

Share this...
The transition to green energies cannot work – a change of strategy is urgently needed
By Prof. Alwin Burgholte
(Translated, edited by P. Gosselin)

A secure power supply is the prerequisite for health, prosperity and work worldwide. An everyday life without electricity is unimaginable, would cause enormous costs, and there would be many deaths. The most important aspect of power supply is the power (in kW) secured in every second, which has been guaranteed by conventional nuclear, coal and natural gas power plants so far. Summed up energy yields (in kWh) over weeks, months or a whole year say nothing about supply quality.

Renewable energy producers are hydroelectric and biogas power plants, geothermal energy and, above all, wind and solar plants, all of which have been subsidized under the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) for 20 years with a fixed feed-in tariff and whose output has to be fed into the grid as a matter of priority.

However, wind and solar plants can only generate power depending on the weather. Without wind and solar, no power is available. Low and fluctuating wind and solar supplies must be augmented accordingly by storage or regulated power plants. Also, wind and solar plants cannot build their own 50 Hz grid. Approx. 25% to 35% of the required power must be supplied by conventional power plants as minimum power, regardless of how large the power supply of the regenerative plants is. [1].

https://notrickszone.com/2022/07/13/electrical-engineering-professor-germany-urgently-needs-an-energy-strategy-change/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 05:11:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Well, Angela Merkel wanted to do what all the cool kids were doing.  Now, everyone else has to pay the price for her drinking the Green Kool-Aid.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.