Author Topic: Shock Poll: Democrats closing gap with Republicans ahead of midterm elections  (Read 1806 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 13, 2022 1:38pm EDT
Shock Poll: Democrats closing gap with Republicans ahead of midterm elections
Democrats surveyed in the poll believe gun policies are the most important issue facing America today

By Kyle Morris | Fox News

A new poll has found that Democrats and Republicans are neck and neck in the upcoming midterm elections, with Democrats citing gun violence as their number one concern even as the economy continues to tumble.

The Sienna College Research Institute poll, conducted on behalf of the New York Times between July 5 and 7 among 849 registered voters, found the race to control Congress is tight, with voters preferring Democrats to Republicans by just one percentage point, 41%-40%. Nineteen percent of respondents remain undecided.

However, among likely voters, the Times noted that 44% favored Republicans while 43% expressed support for Democrats in congressional races.

While Republicans place significant focus on the economy ahead of the midterm elections, with 29% labeling it as the "most important problem" facing America today, Democrats who took part in the poll believe there are higher priorities.

Only 13% of Democrats labeled the economy as the most pressing crisis in America, compared to the 17% who insisted gun policies are the most important concern. As for inflation and the cost of living, 26% of Republicans and 10% of Democrats listed it as the number one issue.

The poll also found an overwhelming 77% of those surveyed believe the United States is headed in the "wrong direction." Among party lines, 89% of Republicans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, compared to 63% of Democrats. Ten percent said they are unsure of do not have an opinion.

The poll, which was conducted in English and Spanish on landline and cellular telephones, has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.1%.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/shock-poll-democrats-closing-gap-republicans-ahead-midterm-elections

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Setting up the steal or just bogus?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade mystery, you should be in The Party.

First, we control the polls.

Then... we control the election.

Online DB

Who would answer such calls?

I sure don't. It is nonstop.

Online libertybele

I take polls with a grain of salt because whoever sets up the poll sets them up so that the outcome is favorable to the agenda of the poll.

As for the steal; that's already in place.  Guarantee it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

I take polls with a grain of salt because whoever sets up the poll sets them up so that the outcome is favorable to the agenda of the poll.

As for the steal; that's already in place.  Guarantee it.
I agree. That's why I say polls mean nothing.

Online libertybele

They stole the last election and they'll steal the mid terms as well.  Abracaaadabra, just watch and see.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats closing gap with Republicans ahead of midterm ; said Hunter, and no it doesn't matter one bit he was higher than a kite at the time!
 :smokin: :rolling: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Both. They have to set expectations so the steal looks plausible (set the point spread), hence polls that must be asking fellow mental patients if they would rather the Democrats keep making the Great American Trainwreck or be boiled in oil.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's what concerns me....I remember Pelosi saying before the election in 2020, very confidently, mind you that they would not lose the House, Senate and White House..that has stuck with me for several years now.

A couple of weeks ago Pelosi again said the Dems will not lose the house or Senate this Nov.

Why does this bother me...I am thinking if she was worried on losing .the House, she or maybe I would in her place, announce my retirement for Nov...

Just some crazy ideas/worries on my part.
Support the USO

Offline cato potatoe

This is just the short-term Dobbs bounce, or so I think.  Let's see what the polls say around September.

Online libertybele

Here's what concerns me....I remember Pelosi saying before the election in 2020, very confidently, mind you that they would not lose the House, Senate and White House..that has stuck with me for several years now.

A couple of weeks ago Pelosi again said the Dems will not lose the house or Senate this Nov.

Why does this bother me...I am thinking if she was worried on losing .the House, she or maybe I would in her place, announce my retirement for Nov...

I think your crazy ideas/worries are very valid.

Offline LMAO

Pep talk for the base. She knows they'll lose the House but she isn't going to say it out loud at this point
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

The survey numbers don't add up.  See page 4:  https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/us0722-crosstabs-nyt071322/a775fbafdcf9db9d/full.pdf

Party Identification
Republican - 29%
Democrat - 30%
Independent/Other - 35%
Total - 94%

Race
White - 65%
Black - 10%
Hispanic - 13%
Other - 8%
Total - 96%
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Sure. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Your worries (fears) are not unfounded @mystery-ak You can bet your last $ that they will do everything they can get away with, legal or otherwise, to stay in power.  Government power is their meal ticket.  Without it they die!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

I think it's a lot harder to steal the House races, but the Senate races are easier. The Rata did it in 2020 with Trump and maybe some of the Senate seats. I would bet the Senate races in 2024 will have some "surprises" in favor of the Rats especially in States with mail in ballots, or drop boxes.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Kamaji

I think it's a lot harder to steal the House races, but the Senate races are easier. The Rata did it in 2020 with Trump and maybe some of the Senate seats. I would bet the Senate races in 2024 will have some "surprises" in favor of the Rats especially in States with mail in ballots, or drop boxes.

Agreed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What's the agenda in the House and Senate if the GOP wins either?

Have McConnell or McCarthy released their talking points?

Offline heelboy22

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Pedo Peter

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Supreme Court rebuke of Roe v Wade energized many angry liberal Dems.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
With the Dems ability to cheat, polls are essentially meaningless.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

The Supreme Court rebuke of Roe v Wade energized many angry liberal Dems.

So what.

If I am expected to allow the sacrifice of millions of babies in order to achieve political power I don't want to be a part of it.

Offline bilo

With the Dems ability to cheat, polls are essentially meaningless.

I was surprised to hear that in France of all places elections are conducted with paper ballots, no drop boxes, no machines and no mail in ballots.