Author Topic: Biden's approval rating would be higher if inflation wasn't 'constantly in the news,' suggests WaPo  (Read 505 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly:

July 13, 2022 9:48am EDT
Biden's approval rating would be higher if inflation wasn't 'constantly in the news,' suggests WaPo column
A New York Times poll found that 64% of Democrats want a new nominee in 2024

By Hanna Panreck | Fox News

Washington Post columnist Perry Bacon Jr. suggested Tuesday that President Biden wouldn't be as unpopular among Democrats if it weren't for inflation, adding that estimates would indicate that half of the president's negative approval rating is caused by inflation.

Bacon wrote that after speaking to pollsters and other political experts, "the strong consensus was that if inflation were at normal levels and not constantly in the news, Biden’s approval rating would probably be between 41 and 45 percent, with his disapproval number between 51 and 54 percent."

He said the estimates would be close to former President Donald Trump's numbers. He would also "lag Bill Clinton (46-45) and Barack Obama at this stage (47-47); and fall way behind George W. Bush (70-23)," Bacon wrote.

The Washington Post columnist said that while inflation has certainly made things worse for the president, Biden would still be "more unpopular than popular." Some experts told Bacon that the president's approval rating would be in the 50s if inflation were at 2%.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bidens-approval-rating-would-higher-inflation-wasnt-constantly-news-suggests-wapo-column

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

So, now the WaPo wants to suppress the truth because it damages the resident. Go figure. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
So, now the WaPo wants to suppress the truth because it damages the resident. Go figure.

As if the people can't tell that prices for goods has increased... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
As if the people can't tell that prices for goods has increased... :smokin:

Thankfully you don't need the press to tell the American consumer they are getting screwed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

Traitor Joe started the inflation snowball rolling downhill his first day in office. He doesn't understand why or how inflation keeps getting worse.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, the problem is not the problem.  The problem are those who are reporting the problem.

Biden's inflation is self-inflicted and was completely unnecessary.  Most of it stems from his wrong energy policies.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright