Author Topic: You’re a Scientist? So What?  (Read 731 times)

Offline Kamaji

You’re a Scientist? So What?
« on: July 13, 2022, 02:52:10 pm »
You’re a Scientist? So What?

Scientists helped ruin millions of children's educations and helped spur a sharp increase in depression, drug use, and suicide among young people. So, by all means, question the science!

By Dennis Prager
July 12, 2022

Acaller to my radio show this week, a physician, took strong issue with me regarding COVID-19 therapeutics. He accused me of not believing in science. His last words before we had to go to a commercial break were, “I’m a scientist.”

Given that I am not a scientist, he assumed that comment would persuade me—or at least persuade many listeners—that I was not qualified to disagree with him.

If that was his assumption, he was wrong.

“I don’t care,” I responded. “It’s irrelevant. Scientists have given science a bad name.”

I would not have said that as recently as three years ago.

But in recent years, and especially in the past two years, some basic suppositions of mine have changed.

I no longer assume when I read a statement by a scientist that the statement is based on science. In fact, I believe I am more committed to scientific truth than many scientists are.

The American Medical Association advocates the removal of sex designation from birth certificates. If many doctors or other scientists have issued a dissent, I am not aware of it.

“Assigning sex using binary variables in the public portion of the birth certificate fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity.” Those are the words of the author of the AMA report, Willie Underwood III, M.D.

Sarah Mae Smith, M.D., an AMA delegate from California, speaking on behalf of the Women Physicians Section, said, “We need to recognize gender is not a binary but a spectrum.”

When the American Medical Association and a plethora of physicians tell us that human beings, unlike every other animal above some reptilian species, are “not binary,” i.e., neither male nor female, the assertion “I am a scientist” becomes meaningless.

Source:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/07/12/youre-a-scientist-so-what/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: You’re a Scientist? So What?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 03:39:57 am »
Scientists have great big giant brains.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 03:57:35 am »
Scientists have great big giant brains.

Pie aren't square, pie are round!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 04:01:09 am »
"Science" as practiced by many of today's scientist has committed suicide over the last couple of decades. As soon as "consensus" became the norm it was all over. Science was based on authority and no longer science. It had an agenda other than truth.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 04:10:13 am »
"Science" as practiced by many of today's scientist has committed suicide over the last couple of decades. As soon as "consensus" became the norm it was all over. Science was based on authority and no longer science. It had an agenda other than truth.
It has become a slave to the desired outcomes of its funders, and (at least in some facets) no longer a seeker of truth.
For me, as a scientist, that abandonment of integrity by those I might have called colleagues is appalling.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 01:09:36 pm »
I assume those were scientists back in the 80s who told us that eating one egg a week was going to kill us. Tens of millions of Americans stopped eating eggs completely.
Then about ten years later the same scientists told us ...well, eating one egg a day won't kill you. In fact eating eggs regularly is probably good for you.
Alright, I'm not a scientist, but I tend to believe scientists when they utter things. But obviously scientists aren't right all the time.
When "scientists" try to tell me that there are more than two sexes, I tend not to believe them. Those people are more into scientism than science.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 01:16:22 pm »
Science means a consistent result is reproduced under a specific set of controls using methods and producing data that withstand repeated peer review and scrutiny.

Pulling something out your ass to get media attention is just a public relations magic trick.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 03:47:46 pm »
Science means a consistent result is reproduced under a specific set of controls using methods and producing data that withstand repeated peer review and scrutiny.

Pulling something out your ass to get media attention is just a public relations magic trick.
:yowsa:

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 09:36:32 pm »
As a trained scientist... if you're not questioning the science, it's not science.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 09:55:03 pm »
As a trained scientist... if you're not questioning the science, it's not science.

Correct 💯
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: