Author Topic: Major US Christian denomination declares Israel an apartheid state  (Read 960 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Major US Christian denomination declares Israel an apartheid state

One of the largest mainline protestant denominations in the U.S. has voted to declare Israel an apartheid state, becoming the first major American Christian denomination to do so.

The governing body of the Presbyterian Church USA on Friday passed a resolution that said the laws, policies, and practices of the Israeli government toward Arabs living in the region known as Palestine "fulfill the international legal definition of apartheid."

Delegates to the church's biannual General Assembly, which took place in Louisville, Kentucky, and online, voted 266-116 to adopt the resolution. The church government — which oversees 1.19 million members — also voted to designate a Nakba Remembrance Day on its calendar — the Palestinian commemoration of Israeli independence in 1948, which Palestinians regard as the destruction of Palestinian society.

The resolution accuses Israel of "establishing two sets of laws, one for Israelis and one for Palestinians, which give preferential treatment to Israeli Jews and oppressive treatment to Palestinians." It also repeats accusations that Israel expropriated Palestinian land for Jewish-only settlements and that the country has forced Palestinians into "separate reserves and ghettos." ..............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/major-u-s-christian-denomination-declares-israel-an-apartheid-state
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Woke fascism.

Online roamer_1

PresbyUSA. Of course.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online mountaineer

We left that denomination in 2015, just because of crap like this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

We left that denomination in 2015, just because of crap like this.

We did too - long ago, when they burned sage at synod.

NOPE.

Online andy58-in-nh

It is not reasonably questionable whether "Palestinians" (so-called, because there is, and never as been any historical nation or homeland for these Arabic peoples) have more freedom and equality in Israel than they would in any Arab nation.

Instead, it is an expression of "liberation theology" and antisemitism, both thinly disguised as policy, and utterly unrelated to actual Christian theology. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online roamer_1

It is not reasonably questionable whether "Palestinians" (so-called, because there is, and never as been any historical nation or homeland for these Arabic peoples) have more freedom and equality in Israel than they would in any Arab nation.

Instead, it is an expression of "liberation theology" and antisemitism, both thinly disguised as policy, and utterly unrelated to actual Christian theology.

That's right.

Online mountaineer

Mr. M and I give a small contribution each year to Israel's official ambulance service, Magen David Adom. They help everyone, Jew and Arab. Many of their paramedics are Arabs. They don't discriminate. They don't give preferential treatment. PCUSA lies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

They have much less 'standard of living' or 'way of life' in any Muslim dominated country. 'Palestinians' as they are called, are considered to be the gypsies and outcasts of the Muslim world. Most Muslim nations do not want them and will not take them in.

Palestinians, so called, are multi-national Arabs who congregated to Israel in the 60s and 70s during the "boom time" of Israel's growth. Israel was expanding and growing like any modern country and needed thousands of laborers to build. Arabs from all over the world answered the call. At one time Arabs and Israelis lived side by side, and never thought a single thing about it.

After Jimmy Carter unleashed Islamic fundamentalism (by ousting the Shah and reinstalling Ayatollahs) starting with Iran and then going global, the Arabs in Israel began to segregate themselves and became murderously violent. Only then did they begin to claim to be citizens of Rome/Greece under the law of Roman emperor Trajan and the conquests of Alexander the Great in province of Roman Palestine later Greek Palestine, which was established a hundred and hundreds of years AD.

Palestinians do not claim that they are an individually established Nation or Race. Palestinians claim that they are still a Roman province which was ultimately conquered by Greece. I do not know, and Palestinians themselves do not know, what Nationality all of this would make them. But whatever historical citizenship they claim under Roman or Greek law, it has nothing to do with the modern Nation of Israel.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline cato potatoe

Perhaps it is an apartheid state, but this is necessary to maintain a Jewish majority.  If the arabs in the West Bank and Gaza were allowed to vote, the state of Israel would cease to exist.  I'm not sure why the Presbyterians felt it necessary to wade into political matters.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Major US Christian denomination declares Israel an apartheid state
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2022, 10:41:25 pm »
Yasser Arafat was born in Egypt. He was an Egyptian con-man who later became the leader of the blood soaked PLO.

When he died in 2004, the world discovered that he had stolen billions of dollars meant for the "Palestinians" for himself in private bank accounts. He was no leader of anything. He was an Egyptian con-man who glommed on to a scam which he knew would make him rich. And it did. He successfully scammed the United States and entire world, and made himself a billionaire from it, all the while he was murdering innocent people in kindergartens, malls, pizzerias, buses, everywhere. Yasser Arafat never saw an 'Infidel' that he did not want to kill. And, because of the innate stupidity of White people, he became personally wealthy doing it.

No Muslim country ever gave Arafat a dime. They all knew better. Arabs know their own, and they know a scam when they see it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 10:44:49 pm »
Perhaps it is an apartheid state, but this is necessary to maintain a Jewish majority.  If the arabs in the West Bank and Gaza were allowed to vote, the state of Israel would cease to exist.  I'm not sure why the Presbyterians felt it necessary to wade into political matters.

Because they're Christian no longer, but liberal instead. And I ain't kidding.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2022, 10:50:08 pm »

IMO many religions have caved to liberal political correctness, with the Catholic religion being one of them.  Pope Francis is one of the most liberal popes in my lifetime
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2022, 10:58:07 pm »
There are far too many denominations going down that path.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2022, 10:58:20 pm »
IMO many religions have caved to liberal political correctness, with the Catholic religion being one of them.  Pope Francis is one of the most liberal popes in my lifetime

I will concur... To the point that I will not join to any church with a 501C3 exemption.
Heck, in part I believe that the simple act of adding pews causes a need to exist that sullies the message.

Beholden also to governments, both secular and internal, not to mention ecclesiastical groups, leaves far too much intention to compromise.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2022, 05:34:54 am »
Perhaps it is an apartheid state, but this is necessary to maintain a Jewish majority.  If the arabs in the West Bank and Gaza were allowed to vote, the state of Israel would cease to exist. 

QFT

The Nation State Law passed in 2018 states that “the right to exercise national self-determination” in Israel is “unique to the Jewish people.”  Substitute "Jewish" people with "White" or "Black" or "Christian" and the apartheid problem becomes clearer.

Israel should declare itself a theocracy and weather the international backlash.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:05:14 am by Right_in_Virginia »