Author Topic: California police discover underground bunker full of stolen goods in homeless encampment  (Read 367 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 13, 2022 10:11am EDT
California police discover underground bunker full of stolen goods in homeless encampment
Police discovered guns and ammunition at the homeless encampment's underground bunker
By Michael Lee | Fox News

A commercial burglary incident led San Jose Police to an underground bunker at a homeless encampment containing thousands of dollars in stolen items.

"The investigation led them to a homeless encampment," the San Jose Police Department said on Twitter Tuesday, adding that they located an "underground bunker" containing "approximately $100,000 worth of stolen goods."

Pictures included in the post show a bunker built into the side of a creek, with items recovered including dozens of power tools, construction equipment, and three shotguns accompanied by boxes of ammunition.

Police say the bunker was elaborate and was equipped with electricity, which they believed was "plugged into somebody else’s source."

Six people were arrested in the case on a "a variety of charges," while the items "will be returned to the victims, including the locally owned business."

The discovery has caused concern among local residents, who expressed fears that more such bunkers could be spread throughout the city and that their homes and businesses could be targeted in the thefts.

Power tools discovered at a homeless encampment containing an underground bunker in San Jose. (San Jose Police Department)

Stolen guns at a homeless encampment's underground bunker in San Jose. (San Jose Police Department)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-police-discover-underground-bunker-stolen-goods-homeless-encampment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

At least the criminals are doing well in Cali.  Way to go, Gavin!
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

One of the reasons Silicon Valley doesn't have as much bumfestation along its streets as SF is that encampments are, to a fairly large degree, tolerated along at least two waterways through the cities. The Guadalupe River and Coyote Creek are the bumfested waterways I'm aware of. Both have parks, trails, and street/freeway overcrossings that afford areas in which to encamp, plus easy access to business area streets (= entry points for trail users). I work near Coyote Creek, and there is a small encampment within half a mile or so from my building, and at least two more within a couple of miles. I use the Los Gatos Creek Trail for work-outs, and while I haven't yet seen signs of encampments along the parts I use, I have seen bum-trash from overnighters at a couple of places.

I'm mildly disappointed the OP article didn't name the "creek" where the bunker was found, but I can understand not wanting curiosity-seekers to disturb evidence at the location.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.