Author Topic: Biden fires back at 2024 doubts: Democrats ‘want me to run’  (Read 424 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden fires back at 2024 doubts: Democrats ‘want me to run’
by Morgan Chalfant - 07/12/22 7:20 PM ET

President Biden insisted Tuesday that Democrats want him to run for reelection, firing back at doubters after a poll showed a majority of primary voters wanted someone else at the top of the ticket in 2024. 

“They want me to run,” Biden said Tuesday evening when asked by a reporter, toward the end of the White House Congressional Picnic, for his message to Democrats who don’t want him to run for reelection.

“Read the polls. Read the polls,” Biden continued. “You guys are all the same. That poll showed that 92 percent of Democrats if I ran would vote for me.” 

Biden was citing a statistic in from a New York Times-Siena College poll that showed 92 percent of Democrats would vote for him if the 2024 presidential election were held today and the choices were Biden and former President Trump. 

What Biden did not address, however, was that the poll, released Monday, also showed 64 percent of Democratic primary voters said they would prefer the party nominate someone other than Biden in 2024, while 26 percent said that Biden should be the next Democratic presidential nominee. 

The result was even more lopsided among young Democrats, with 94 percent of Democratic voters ages 18 to 29 saying that someone other than Biden should be the 2024 nominee. 

The poll was the starkest sign yet of the frustration and discontent among many in the party with Biden and only increased the chatter about other potential nominees.

Still, some Democrats and Biden allies have played up the statistic that Biden still beats Trump 44 percent to 41 percent in a hypothetical match-up, according to the poll. 

Biden has said publicly and told allies privately that he intends to run for a second term in 2024, though he has acknowledged that “fate” could disrupt those plans.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3556609-biden-fires-back-at-2024-doubts-democrats-want-me-to-run/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Biden fires back at 2024 doubts: Democrats ‘want me to run’
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 01:13:15 am »
Delusions are a part of dementia. He thinks he's popular and I'm convinced he's stuck in his own life in an earlier time and no one is going to convince him otherwise.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 01:28:49 pm »
Biden snaps at reporter, insists Dems ‘want me to run’ in 2024

By Mark Moore
July 13, 2022

President Biden lashed out a reporter who asked what he would say to Democrats who don’t want him to run for a second term Tuesday — insisting that the party is behind him despite a recent survey showing nearly two-thirds of its voters want a different nominee in 2024.

“They want me to run,” Biden​, 79,​ said during the White House Congressional Picnic. “Read the poll. Read the polls, Jack. You guys are all the same. That poll showed that 92% of Democrats, if I ran, would vote for me.”​

“A majority of Democrats say they don’t want you to run again in 2024,” a member of the press retorted.

“Ninety-two percent said if I did, they’d vote for me,” Biden repeated before walking away.

The New York Times/Siena College poll referenced in the exchange showed that while 92% of Democrats would vote for Biden if Donald Trump was his Republican opponent in 2024, 64% would prefer the party pick someone different to be its standard-bearer in two years.

The poll also found that 94% of Democrats under the age of 30 want somebody besides Biden at the top of the ticket.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/13/biden-snaps-at-reporter-insists-dems-want-him-for-2024-run/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 01:29:05 pm »
No, chief, they don't.  But you keep thinking otherwise.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 04:07:47 pm »
The point he made was correct that 92% of DCP sheeple are braindead morons. They will vote for him even though they don't want him to run. It doesn't matter who the GOP candidate is.  Liberals are idiots and will continue to vote against their best intetest.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 04:13:51 pm »
Whom else do the Dems have to run?

They've chased conservative and moderate Dems out of their party.

All they have are West Coast and East Coast moonbat limousine loonies who stand no chance in the Midwest and in the South.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright