Author Topic: For Biden, Polls Are Probably Worse Than They Seem By: David Harsanyi  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
For Biden, Polls Are Probably Worse Than They Seem
By: David Harsanyi
July 12, 2022

President Biden has a miserable 33 percent job-approval rating, according to the New York Times/Siena College poll, making him one of the least popular first-term presidents in history. Sixty-four percent of Democrats say they want another candidate in the 2024 presidential race.

No modern president, as far as I can tell, has faced higher dissatisfaction in his own party during his first term. Only 13 percent of voters say the United States is on the right track, the lowest number since they began asking this question during the great recession.

Not long ago, left-wing pundits couldn’t stop talking about Donald Trump’s poll numbers — “Donald Trump is remarkably unpopular,” “The unprecedented unpopularity of Donald Trump,” “Trump is officially the most unpopular president since modern polling began in the 1930s. It will forever be his legacy,” and so on. A president with that kind of piddling support, they would argue, had no business initiating policy changes. Nowadays, Democrats want their historically unpopular president to sign “transformative” legislation using reconciliation and unilaterally restructure American governance. The only consistent characteristic of modern liberalism is the unyielding belief that politics should be played by two sets of rules.

Still, I don’t put too much reliance on national polls. Yes, unpopularity matters. It hurts Democrats. It also further debunks the notion that the Democratic Party’s agenda items are vastly more popular, and Republicans who stand in their way are undermining “democracy.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/12/for-biden-polls-are-probably-worse-than-they-seem/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Left wing leaning MSM has been "putting the sauce" to polling as far as I can remember.

If you were to do a truly decent poll, I think you'd find Pedo Joe's approval at somewhere between 20-25%.  His base has turned on him like hungry Jackals
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish:
"If you were to do a truly decent poll, I think you'd find Pedo Joe's approval at somewhere between 20-25%.  His base has turned on him like hungry Jackals"

Perhaps, but I reckon THE REASON a good part of that "base" (especially the younger cohort) has turned against him is because he has not achieved results that are "leftist enough" for their tastes...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

If you were to do a truly decent poll, I think you'd find Pedo Joe's approval at somewhere between 20-25%.  His base has turned on him like hungry Jackals
Much lower IMO. I think "angry old snow White ex-KKK guy from the 1940s" is likely close to or even below 10%.
His people campaigned that he would abolish student debt and make every illegal a voting citizen. Although I'm sure he would love to do this, he has not done it so far. And the fact that Latinos are turning Republican, is a curve ball the Democrats never expected.

Hispanics/Latinos are just not worried about all the crap rich White American Democrats are worried about. They live in two different worlds.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.